LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HELP: MXM Versions information

mpa5891

Hi,

there is someone who know if the GeForce 7950 gtx could be compatible with my notebook, an ASUS A4S that originally has the geforce go 6600 MXM-III type?

I have already tried to upgrade the video card from the original nVidia GeForce Go 6600 to GeForce 8700M GT. The interface is PCI-Express x16 with MXM-III format on both but there is an incompatibility between MXM Versions (probably 1.3 version versus 2.1A version of the 8700M card).

On MXM Upgrade website I have seen that the ASUS A4S has been verified to work with the ati mobility radeon x1800. Could this information make me know if there is a compatibility between my notebook and the geforce 7xxx series that are more or less of the same period of the ati x1800 ( so probably of the same MXM Version)?

I have another question: the geforce 8700M that I have tried is SLI compatible because it has a further pin for this function. But I have seen some images of 8700M cards with the classic mxm 16 pin attack. Do you know if this second kind of cards are older ( and therefore of a previous MXM Version) than the SLI-Compatible type?

Where can I find more informations about the MXM Versions V.s. cards models?

Many Many thanks,

Mauro.

Edited by mpa5891