LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need Help! The Last Remnant performance issue

apprenticepeng

Hi Guys,

I have a Dell XPS M1730. I bought this laptop about 1 year ago.

I've been playing The Last Remnant these days. The game used to perform pretty nicely on my machine. But recently, it's been performing terriblly. So here's how it appears to me:

after about 10-15 minutes of playing, the game will go very, very slow and laggy, and then freeze; if I don't touch anything, it will recover eventually. But the same problem will occur in another 10 or 15 minutes.

So it go like smooth--laggy--freeze--smooth--laggy--freeze...

I've been searching on Google for a solution. Unfortunatelly, nothing helps. Could someone here help me to identify why I'm having this problem please?

Sorry for my English :) it's not my native language.

Edited by apprenticepeng

Have you tried by installing new Video Card drivers? Or have you done that and the problem still persists?

Hi Cujucuyo,

For some reason, the machine cannot perfom well by using 185.85 Dox optimized. So I'm now using 185.68 Dox optimized. The problem still exists...

It could be powermizer or a heat issue. What are your temperatures??

It could be powermizer or a heat issue. What are your temperatures??

Hi Bades,

when gaming, the temp for GPU is 73~79, the temp for CPU is 63~75. It may be overheating issue, since, to me, the GPU was down-clocking for every 10~15 minutes. I'll try to clean the fans and the fins tonight.

Have you tried using non-optimized drivers?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=120

Try using the 180.84 it's the one that has worked best for me so far.

Hi Cujucuyo,

Actually I've tried that driver before, but not for this game. I'll try that out tonight to see if it's the driver problem.

btw, I live in Shanghai so it will be some delay for me to answer the posts :)

Thank you all~

Problem solved! All I did was just wiping out the dust covered on the cooling system. The GPU temp goes down from 75 to 65. The CPU temp is now 45~50. The FPS drop is no more.

Excellent, glad it worked out at the end. :)

Excellent, glad it worked out at the end. :)

Yup :) I saw a wall of dust sticking on the fin when I take the fans out last night. The heat couldn't be blown out of the machine efficiently. Now I have lower temp and lower CPU usage.

Yet I still have another problem: the temp for one GPU core is higher than the other core for my SLI card. The temp for core 1 is 65 while the temp for core 2 is 57. Is this normal?

Edited by apprenticepeng