LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 7 build 7137, your thoughts

mobilenvidia

win7_7137.jpg

Seeing Windows 7 is now being released in just over 4 months.

I decided to give build 7137 ago.

This build took absolute ages to install as an upgrade to build 7100.

7.5 hours of installing later.

Not much looks different visually to me.

Desktop looks slightly bleached (lighter) than previous build, I think I prefer the previous look.

Firefox still has some issues with shutting down, sometimes process stays open while app is closed making opening it again awkward.

This also happened in build 7100 so Firefox will no doubt need a fix.

Anywho what are your thoughts on this build ?

Guest HaZe303
I liek Windows 7. But i also Like Vista.

Nothing much between them really

I think Build 7127 is better than 7137, I have had nothing but trouble on the latter? :) So im back to 27 version again.

I've installed it a few days ago and it works pretty much the same, although I don't get many Explorer crashes as before. One issue I do have: the sound is disabled after a few moments of inactivity, which causes every process which depends on it to work very slow until the sound is automatically enabled again. I think this is something only laptop users will encounter, as I also have it on my desktop and I don't have this problem.

I've installed it a few days ago and it works pretty much the same, although I don't get many Explorer crashes as before. One issue I do have: the sound is disabled after a few moments of inactivity, which causes every process which depends on it to work very slow until the sound is automatically enabled again. I think this is something only laptop users will encounter, as I also have it on my desktop and I don't have this problem.

This is possibly a power save feature of the Audio Codec.

Try disabling it in Device Manager or if you are running an OEM driver have a look in here.

Wiith IDT you can set the Powersave feature to enable after x seconds of inactivity (slights pops can be heard as it turns on and off)

So far so good. Took a few hours to upgrade from 7100.

Windows 7 build 7201 leaks

Another week and another Windows 7 leak. Last week 7137 leaked and this week it is 7201's turn.

This time around the build tag is 7201.0.winmain_win7ids_sp.090601-2255 meaning this build is only 3 days old. As ever the build is available at the usual places.

Microsoft Netherlands employee Ruud de Jonge twittered "Installing Win 7 build 7201" a few moments ago to confirm the builds authenticity.

Microsoft revealed yesterday that it will sign off final RTM code in mid to late July with a general availability and release date of 22nd October for Windows 7.

from NeoWin

I got 7201 installed. I can't really notice anything, other than an imaginary better responsiveness.

Yeah, I really can't tell the difference between builds anymore, but it only takes a few hours to upgrade and reinstall Comodo/Daemont Tools/Forceware, so I do it anyway :)

Anyone wanna take best on how many hours after the master gets sent to manufacturing it hits the usual suspects? :)

3 hours and I've got it installed :) .

This is possibly a power save feature of the Audio Codec.

Try disabling it in Device Manager or if you are running an OEM driver have a look in here.

Wiith IDT you can set the Powersave feature to enable after x seconds of inactivity (slights pops can be heard as it turns on and off)

I don't have any such option (already searched for it). What program should I use, if any?