LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Have disk method not displaying my 2700M

frankenegger

Hi apologies up front if I am in the wrong place,

I am on a DELL Precision M6400 Laptop with a NVIDIA quadro FX 2700M windows XP Pro 64-bit

I have read the quickstart and some of the FAQ's but am still having problems installing the driver using the "Have Disk" method due to the Setup File not working properly. First, I downloaded the driver and modded INF, extracted and replaced the driver's INF with the modded INF. I did this all from the links at the top of this page..

Then I go step by step through the have disk install procedure as per the quickstart guide. When I get to the dialog box that says, "select the device driver you want to install for this hardware" I choose one (nvaa.inf) of the two INF files. The guide says it does not matter which one I choose.

Then I click ok and the next window gives me a list of Geforce and Quadro cards. The guide says I should now see name of my device. I do not. Have I missed something here?

I do have one puzzling question about the process that I can't seem to understand..

When I download the modded INF using the link located right next to the driver link on this page, it downloads a file called nvac.inf . However when I scroll down to the 2700M code block it's heading says INF nvbl.inf contains 8 devices So there seems to be a descrepency I think. I'm sure there is an explination, I have looked for a couple of hours on this forum but don't have the time to keep looking.

Would someone mind answering my question directly or inderectly with some links to the appropriate threads?

Thanks in advance,

Dan.