LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Mobile Performance Driver with 7950GTX?

M1710Owner

Hello nVision members and devs,

I have an 1710 with 7950GTX mobile card with 512mb ram.

I got som issues with performance in games like GTA IV, i get under 16fps.

Other games runs well, but i would like to find the best driver to get the best performance.

I searched the forum, but i only found older outdated topics (yeah it's also a old card too, but it still running with great power), so maybe some 7950 users found newer and better drivers for their machines.

I only tried the original 160.xx.xx driver from the birth of the laptop, and now i want to try different drivers

Right now i'am using dox 181.22 dox optimized, but it didn't get me the expected performance in GTA IV and also i get som issues with blurring aero like the guy with XPS 1710 in the 181.22 dox driver thread.

I read a lot about different drivers, and lot about the performance "wooow" bost, but many people get different performance. So I'am pretty confused, somebody get 2500 more points with a older original driver than newer dox optimzed driver, and so on - somebody with better performance with the dox. Yeah I think it is different laptops, configurations and installed programs so now i am, and WIL searc after the right driver for my 7950 card.

I prepared myself with 3dmark06, fangui, patience and a lot of time to test the best driver. I just don't want to test drivers from 170-186, so shoot me with the driver you think will give the best performance.

It's damm frustrating when i see a 8600GT 256mb machine play GTAIV on medium medium res with 28-30fps average, when my 7950 get pwned even on lowest res and setting. Not playable. And much more the waste of 49$ (also - insteed of buying the game to my 360). In ALL other games i run better with the 7950 card.

Hope you guys can help me, good weekend.

So for tonight, the dox driver 181.22 performancec gave me 5400points, time to try the stock one and the newest dox driver. I post the following results when i install other drivers.

So far:

179.xx 5098 (Dell original)

181.22 5320 (Dox) - Highets points, but i got blurring and shaking desktop/windows

185.85 5088 (Dox)

185.68 5103 (Dox)

Moving on to another Dox driver. Maybe the 181.22 is the best for me and this kind of setup.

Edited by M1710Owner