LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 186.03 is out

mobilenvidia

Well, I'm a bit at a loss here as to what is adding it - have you tried installing it manually (DPInst or Device Manager) and seeing if the key shows up? That would tell us whether it's the installer executable or not.

Yeah I have no idea either. Bit to burnt out on messing with it so I took the easy way out and deleted the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\NvCplDesktopContext registry key. Once done I then opened up Notepad and used the following and then saved the file as a .reg file. I then merged it with the registry. All works fine now.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\Nvidia Control Panel] 
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\Nvidia Control Panel\Command] 
@="c:\\windows\\system32\\nvcplui.exe"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plutomaniac

• CloudVN

• MrZero

• Ver Greeneyes

flickering in windows and powemizerswitch doesnt work.

doesnt recognize the settings, crap. not even beta state....

plutomanic which are the newer drivers you saw?

cuts windows 7 x64 startup time by 1/3 compared to 185.85 :)

Is such a thing even possible ???? Startup length depends mostly on your hard drive speed. My opinion is that either you have been dreaming or you smoked the carpet ;-)

Yeah I have no idea either. Bit to burnt out on messing with it so I took the easy way out and deleted the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\NvCplDesktopContext registry key. Once done I then opened up Notepad and used the following and then saved the file as a .reg file. I then merged it with the registry. All works fine now.

Here's something that will both delete the old key and add the new one:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NvCplDesktopContext]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\Nvidia Control Panel\Command]
@="c:\\windows\\system32\\nvcplui.exe"

i can't install this driver using the modified inf. I tried everything, even have disk method on other infs. I have msi gx700 with 8600m gt with vista 32 bit. The setup shows that it hasn't modified system, or it shows that the driver is installed and doesn't request for restart (and it's not installed).

HELP!

I'm not a noob with this kind of things, but still I would ask if someone would tell me in short how to install this driver.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Guest

I have the same problem as the poster above (Guest_md_*). I have a brand new install of Windows 7 32 bit (Build 7201) with nothing installed and I downloaded the 32bit Win7 nVidia drivers. My vidcard is a 7600 Go. No matter which way I try to install the driver remains set to standard VGA adapter. I have tried installing with all the infs present and the modded inf, and then without the included infs and only the modded inf. It says it installed correcly but does not ask for a reboot and if I reboot anyway, nothing changes. I have also tried installing by updating driver from the display adapter properties with the same results. Any help appreciated, thanks!

for the two guests above: try installing the driver in safe mode and then restart by yourself. That always work! In my case(I have Windows Vista Ultimate x64) I had to install it two times and the second time it rebooted my computer the setup itself after installing the driver and now everything works great. Look at this post I wrote in this thread:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st&p=116257

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st&p=116277

Guest kindheart
I have the same problem as the poster above (Guest_md_*). I have a brand new install of Windows 7 32 bit (Build 7201) with nothing installed and I downloaded the 32bit Win7 nVidia drivers. My vidcard is a 7600 Go. No matter which way I try to install the driver remains set to standard VGA adapter. I have tried installing with all the infs present and the modded inf, and then without the included infs and only the modded inf. It says it installed correcly but does not ask for a reboot and if I reboot anyway, nothing changes. I have also tried installing by updating driver from the display adapter properties with the same results. Any help appreciated, thanks!

the latest ver for your card is 179.48

Go 7 series are no longer supported and no WDDM 1.1/Win7-specific drivers have been or will be developped for them

reinstalled, no problems yet.

performance is really nice

oh yes, the guy two posts above with the 179.48 driver is right. The last driver for your system is this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_noteb...79.48_beta.html and it's BETA too!

This driver will install on the following GPUs with the exception of some notebooks listed below:

• GeForce 9800M GTX
    GeForce 9800M GTS
    GeForce 9800M GT
    GeForce 9800M GS
    GeForce 9700M GTS
    GeForce 9700M GT
    GeForce 9650M GT
    GeForce 9650M GS
    GeForce 9600M GT
    GeForce 9600M GS
    GeForce 9500M GS
    GeForce 9500M G
    GeForce 9400M G
    GeForce 9400M
    GeForce 9400
    GeForce 9300M GS
    GeForce 9300M G
    GeForce 9200M GS
    GeForce 9200M GE
    GeForce 9100M G
    GeForce 8800M GTX
    GeForce 8800M GTS
    GeForce 8800 GS
    GeForce 8700M GT
    GeForce 8600M GT
    GeForce 8600M GS
    GeForce 8400M GT
    GeForce 8400M GS
    GeForce 8400M G
    GeForce 8200M G
    GeForce Go 7950 GTX
    GeForce Go 7900 SE
    GeForce Go 7900 GS
    GeForce Go 7900 GS
    GeForce Go 7800 GTX
    GeForce Go 7800
    GeForce Go 7700
    GeForce Go 7600
    GeForce Go 7600
    GeForce Go 7400
    GeForce Go 7300
    GeForce Go 7300
    GeForce Go 7200
    GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
    GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M
    GeForce GT 130M
    GeForce G 110M
    GeForce G 105M

The following notebooks are not supported in this release:

1. BenQ Joybook S42 (will be supported in an upcoming release)
  2. Dell Vostro notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
  3. Fujitsu notebooks ? (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks). Note: Fujitsu Siemens (FSC) notebooks are supported in this release
  4. Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 3650 (will be supported in an upcoming release)
  5. Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
  6. Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
  7. Any notebook that is launched after the release date of this driver

So, you can't install this driver. For example my 8400M GT is supported in this release(186.03) but not for VAIO laptops tha's why I install the driver from here. For your driver you need and system(Windows 7) you have this site doesn't have a modded .inf file neither a driver. You can try downloading the Windows Vista x32 driver and modded .inf file and see if that works or download the official driver from nvidia at the link I gave you above. This is the only thing we and you can do in order to have a driver installed on your machine!

Tell us if you managed to do anything of simply...do not update your current driver!

Edited by Plutomaniac

another drivers that generates artifacts on 9650mGT

The best so far from the NVidia notebook drivers. They have updated DX10 performance to desktop driver level.

Guest Guest

help plz. i am use win7 (7100, 7127, 7137, 7201) and only 181.71 drivers from ms update work fine. another drivers (179.67, 185.85, 186.08) when 3d activate my screen flash for a sec and stops. and when 3d-app close its also flash sad.gif

These drivers allow for GPU overclocking on my Acer Aspire 4937G with a GeForce G 105M, using the newly released NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support version 6.05 released June 10, 2009 which can be downloaded here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.05.html

These drivers allow for GPU overclocking on my Acer Aspire 4937G with a GeForce G 105M, using the newly released NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support version 6.05 released June 10, 2009 which can be downloaded here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.05.html

THANKS for that, I didn't know it - GOOD JOB!!! I could overclock my 8400M GT with version 6.03 thought but...maybe this version will ebable more things!!!

Not to bad of a driver. Fallout 3 for me seems to lag a aweful lot with ultra settings and everything even AA on max. Drops below 30fps. Last DOX that wasnt for hybrid were a hell of alot better but yea.

Noticed some big problems with this driver

Sleep is not working !!!

Wake up from sleep cause a BSOD with "Driver_Power_State_Failure" on screen

Anybody else noticed this problem ?

Wakes up here w/o any problems.

it is said " Fujitsu Siemens (FSC) notebooks are supported in this release "

but i have a Fujitsu Siemens Xi2528 with Geforce 8600 Gs and it is unsupported :) :)

it is said " Fujitsu Siemens (FSC) notebooks are supported in this release "

but i have a Fujitsu Siemens Xi2528 with Geforce 8600 Gs and it is unsupported sad.gif sad.gif

that's why this site offeres modded .inf files. Download the driver from here of from nvidia and copy-paste the modded .inf file inside the installation files. You can find the modded .inf at the first post of this thread!

Does anyone here lose points in vista aero performance? i'm using 9600m gt ddr2 512 mb by the way.

Edited by CloudVN