• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plutomaniac

• CloudVN

• MrZero

• Ver Greeneyes

I just reinstalled this new driver and fortunately i don't lose any points on vista aero test, but i had to restart my laptop myself as the driver didn't ask me to do, is there anyone else having this problem.

I just reinstalled this new driver and fortunately i don't lose any points on vista aero test, but i had to restart my laptop myself as the driver didn't ask me to do, is there anyone else having this problem.

Yes, me...actually the first time I installed the driver it didn't install the driver although it told me so and didn't even ask me to restart my system. The second time though I installed the driver and the setup at the end tried to reboot my system automatically without asking me but it only managed to stop explorer.exe. With task manager I started again expolorer.exe and rebooted the compuet myself! When I started my compuet again all the drivers where working...

Edited by Plutomaniac

And i have same problem , when i install new driver(186.03) i lose nvidia ctr panel, i dont know what to do i try several things , i uninstall my old driver but still same problem,

When i install new drivers they donat ask me for restart , something is wrong. Please help me i have ge force 9800gts 4 gigs ddr3 and p8400 (p7811fx gateway

I think we have to manually restart after install this driver but first we must do a clean uninstall old driver before install this new driver, then you would have your new driver fully working like it should. So far, this is the best driver for gaming in my case, fps significantly increased in most games. I have a geforce 9600m gt ddr2 512.

i do not recommend these drivers for dual 8800M GTX. Unless I am doing something wrong.

One gpu temp is 10 degrees higher than the other. one being 84 degrees the other 94. never seen this before. The gpus are running higher than on dox drivers. even on standby when it is downclocked to 400Mhz its temp is 58 and 64 degrees. not cool. I doubt the performance gain is worth burnout. I am running a cooling fan as well previous drivers ran at 80 degrees. Windows 7 builds 7100

UPdate: If you have an XPS M1730 with dual 8800M GTX in SLI your wasting your time with these drivers. they are the worst I have ever used. In demigod on full graphics 1920x1200 4xAA everything on high, got 8-16 frames per second. even when do to 1400x900 and medium no difference. Discovered the drivers caused my GPU to over heat second Gpu ran at 10degrees more 94 degrees so that the GPUs downclocked to 766Mhz, I am using a cooler, Zalman NC2000.Windows 7 x64

If you want good drivers, Dox 185.85. Running demigod at 1920x1200, all on high 16QxAA getting 60-80 Fps and temp is down.

Edited by Nofearangel

• 1 month later...

Hey, sorry i'm a noob, got a vaio and really want to update but for some reason the link for the modded inf seems to be broken, can anybody post a valid link for the inf, thanks.