LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony NR21S with NVIDIA 8400m GT

Guest quick

Guest quick

Hi there,

i've got a sony nr21s with a nvidia 8400m gt cpu and i just bought a new samsung syncmaster 2343nw running via vga cable.

the screen itself has a maximum resolution of 2048x1152 pixels.

i installed the forceware 182.50 with the modded inf

my problem is that i can only chose a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 and it seems that that is not the perfect combination on that screen.

if i show all possible resolutions i can also chose 1920x1200, 1920x1440, 2048x1280, 2048x1536 and 2560x1600 but not the optimal res of 2048x1152 pixels.

has anyone some advice for me?

thanks in advance!

best regards

quick

Seems you have to create a custom resolution with NVidia Control Panel or add the resolution to the driver inf and reinstall.

Guest quick

when i try to create a custom res i get an error message

then i tried to create an own inf but it wasn't enough just to add the resolution. i could chose the 2048x1152 but i got a black screen.

do you know what parameters i also have to adapt?

thanks anyway for your help!

regards

Sorry if I slightly hijack your thread, but with many of the new drivers 185 186 etc I can't set my display to 1280 by 1024 optimal resolution for my 40 inch LCD. Currently I'm using an 179 driver that has the resolution available. Any advice?