LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 7 build 7229

mobilenvidia

Just grabbing this set now.

These are rumoured to be the Last RC OEM build before the RTM build start to appear.

Anybody given these a go yet and have got their experiences to share ?

Guest Guest
Just grabbing this set now.

These are rumoured to be the Last RC OEM build before the RTM build start to appear.

Anybody given these a go yet and have got their experiences to share ?

7231 has been spotted in the wild! 7231 is dated June 8, 2009!

But is it real ?

Ah, no 7231 x64 yet :)

Microsoft.Windows.7 pre-RTM 7238.0.090612-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate.iso is on the wild too since last night!

I heard that 7231 was only leaked in VHD form, and that 7229 is the latest "proper" install disc form leak.

Regardless, the changes are so minor I'm sticking to 7201 until the leak faucet closes, tbh. I'll update to the latest build once that happens.

Guest Guest

i have the build 7231... and its official... the build 7238 is fake... downloaded and confirmed... the SC that ar on the wild ar photoshoped :) and believe me i know .... the RTM build will be 7300 or 7301 ore 7302 ... just be percent it will be release maximum first week of july

The RTM build is most likely to be 7300.

I gave up on installing the new builds, as I seem to get nothing from it. I will install the RTM as soon as it appears and that's about it :) .

Is it true that the RC key doesn't work with build 7229 and 7231 ?

Hi,

I too have installed a 7229 build using a RC key and didn't encounter any problems activating it.

But the installer seemed to have a problem using IDE (1 master, 1 slave) and SATA (only one drive on first SATA-connector) disks in one PC.

I tried installing Windows 7 to the SATA drive multiple times and always ended up with an error message about either no BOOTMGR or no SYSTEM DISK.

Disconnecting the IDE drives, installing W7 and connecting them after the installation had completed, did work. So I guess the installer on 7229 screws up in that scenario.