LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Aspire 7730G Nvidia Geforce 9600m GT CUDA 1GB Please help me out,

Trexoz

Hello!

My first topic in this fourm, First i wanna say: Sry if i post this is wrong part in the forum,

Now to my problem,

I have Acer Aspire 7730G Windows Vista 32bit, 4Gb memory i know i need 64bit to use all my 4gb mem, but i dont have the money and time to reinstall my computer atm,

Over to the problem,

Nvidia Geforce 9600GT CUDA 1GB

I bought this computer 2 months ago and i thought this should run cod4 exellent but i have totaly wrong there,

I have off on everything i can, and the resultion is 1280:720

my fps is around 20-50 and i think that is very bad, and i have fps drops like every 10min, from my 20-50FPS down to 5-10FPS in like 3-5 sek then its normal again,

right now i have the latest driver from nvidia,

Is there anything i could do about this? or is this card that bad?

i have read around in the forums and to be honnest i dont understand mutch thats why i write down my problem and hope for answers,

i recorded with fraps u can download here and see if u want, Download my cod4 demo

i cant record mutch more becorse the output is hugh size of the video,

Any quastions about card and computer just write i will answer a.s.a.p,

Sry if my eng is bad,

Tnx

Edited by Trexoz

Guest morfeus

the problem is the laptop, it's not cooling fast enough the video card. that's why your frames drop. i have a hp pavilion dv5 - 1140 el and the same card like you an nvidia 9600m gt, only at ddr2, yours is a ddr3.i'm running every game in high res, without any frame drops. i'm using an modified windows xp an runs great.try reinstaling xp, or wait until windows 7 is available.

try cleaning the heantsink, or cooler. wont do much.

cheer

U mean that the low FPS all the time is becorse of the heat?

i have my laptop on a logitch Alto someone said it shouldnt be that warm then,

PICTURE,

I run vista 32bit u think it will be better if i upgrade to vista 64bit? or that will be the same?

I want xp 64 but there arent any drivers for that avaiable for my computer so i cant use that, acer support recomend me to not install xp64 even if i find drivers becorse thats not their drivers then,

Have the newest driver the best performance for this card?

Is there anything more i can do to make it a bit better?

i wrote somewhere that i should close something in vista that downclock my card when it not use 100% of the card dont remember what the name of it was but u think changes in vista will make any changes to the card? is there any coolers or something u recomend that will take down the heat or i cant do anything about my prob?

tnx for now,

i just turned powermizer off, need to play a while to see if i stil have the fps drops,

Edited by Trexoz

i did turn off on more things now.. my fps is a bit better now but i stil have the FPS drops, anyone have a clue to get the fps even better?

i mean is the latest geforce driver best for my card? to get best performance in cod4/cod5 ?

or someone suggest me to try another driver?

Tnx!

What is the diffrent between CUDA and not CUDA?

i may be a newb in this area but we all are sometimes,

like i have said i have this driver:

--------------------------------------------------

Version: 186.03

Release Date: June 09, 2009

Operating System: Windows Vista 32-bit

Language: U.S English

File Size: 110 MB

----------------------------------------------------

is this the best driver for gaming cod4/cod5 like other posts my fps sucks, and i have FPS drops more and more,

is like someone wrote, Heat problems? if thats the case, is there anything i can do about it? or i just need to live with this fps and drops?

Please help me,

• 3 weeks later...
Guest IceFalcon

Delete the Acer battery stuff and you won't get FPS drops again... That Acer battery stuff downclocks the graphics card to increase the battery life. Deleting that will solve the problem, I think it's called ePower or something like that.

Good luck,

IceFalcon

• 2 weeks later...

I did reinstall my computer and have now Vista ultimate and no acer powerment just the drivers but there is no diffrent,

i have stil huge fps drops,

Any more idees?

I think its a driver issue but i dont know where to start,

Tnx for now

/Trexo

you should make a clean driver install of 185.85 dox driver.than you should clean all of your laptop so it can cool itself.then disable powermizer.if it is not enough you should overclock your gpu a little bit.and don't install any silly acer utility's.

right now i have clean windows and clean drivers but i dont find powermizer in the register like the guide says,

and yesterday i finally made to install a driver from here with the inf but i have stil the same problem,

185.85 driver for vista arent in the list just for XP, any other driver u recommend for Vista?

iam a totaly newb on clock etc etc so if here is a guid i would be happy if u could link to that,

Tnx/ Trexo

Edited by Trexo

right now i have manage to disable powemizer and installed another driver, 185.20_vista64

i will try it right now, stil if u recommend another driver for vista please tell me :)

Ynx /trexo

have you tried 185.85 dox version?and you should'nt try 64 bit drivers for 32 bit

ohh than its okay.maybe you should use rivatuner and detect the gpu clock's.maybe it's factory downclocked.if it is you should juice it up a little to gain the original perfomance

I dont know what i search for but this is some information i found in rivatuner:

$ffffffffff NVIDIA specific display adapter information

$ffffffffff ----------------------------------------------------------------

$0100000000 Graphics core : G96 revision C1 (32sp)

$0100000001 Hardwired ID : 0649 (ROM strapped to 0649)

$0100000002 Memory bus : 128-bit

$0100000003 Memory type : DDR2 (RAM configuration 00)

$0100000004 Memory amount : 1048576KB

$0100000100 Core clock domain 0 : 500.000MHz

$0100000101 Core clock domain 1 : 1250.000MHz

$0100000006 Memory clock : 399.600MHz (799.200MHz effective)

$0100000007 Reference clock : 25.000MHz/27.000MHz

And a picture:

riva.jpg

here is a full .txt file with all the info i gave in top

www.trexo.se/bilder/riva.txt

if u want more info from me to help me out just tell me what to do,

i will make my day if u help me solve this problem,

i may not have been really clear but i stil have fps drops when i play and low fps,

your core clock's are normalhttp://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-9600M-GT.9449.0.htmluninstall all acer utilty's.then use driver sweeper 2.0 to clean all drivers.then reinstall 185.85 dox version.make your power plan 'high performance'.use this softwarehttp://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24469-powermizer-switch-1-2/page__mode__threaded then apply these too http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929at the site it says "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{**a series of numbers that are different**}\0000\PerfLevelSrc" you should that and "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{**a series of numbers that are different**}\0001\PerfLevelSrc"

dox 185.85 dox arent for vista 64 just win 7 and xp :/

what else should i use? or if iam wrong please give me a link for the one u want me to use tnx

Like i said i have Vista ultimate 64

i have done all the steps u said and its a bit better i think but i stil have a FPS drop when i join the game after 10 sek it come a drop like always but after that its a bit better not that often but it comes stil, i feelt that the loonger i play less drops i get so after a 1hour i dont get many at all,

Now my fps is around 40- 125 i have locked it to max 125FPS

another gueastion is about rivatuner after i installed this driver i cant turn up the settings like before "clock it" something i should care of or just ignore?

Many tnx for this so far mertkan

rivatuner doesn't support the new drivers so if you want to overclock your gpu you must force the driver

And how to force the driver i dont have a clue how to do so i keep it like it is then,

there anit any other easy way like i did before i could try now also?

open rivatuner select power user tab.in the system tab you must see forcedriver version or something like that.then you enter your driver version with no dot like 18585 .and don't forget to unselect hexadecimal display.first unselect it then enter your driver.after all that you can overclock your gpu in main tab at the driver settings.enable low level hardware overclock then select 3d performance mod and you should overclock the gpu with no problem.don't give too high value's you must benchmark after you overclock to see the stability and heat.

• 1 month later...
Guest Rattzor

i too have a 7730g but with the 512 mg version of the card, i'm running XP and i just went to the nVidia control panel (right click on decktop) went to the mobile tab, and turned PowerMizer off. i play eve online and i can run 4 instances of the game and still get a constant 20 fps