Jump to content
LaptopVideo2Go Forums
mobilenvidia

Latest Realtek Audio Codecs

Recommended Posts

SupremeMaster

Thanks for your consistent support  erp stern

Can i throw 2 more questions about audio ?

-Can i find drivers specifically designed for my kind of laptop (might not getting updates since the product line is old enough to people give up support on these days) Or should i use nahimic ones since i am using an asus lapop?

-And Should i be using ''Do not let specific programs to take over control'' option for better and stable sound, i'm asking this because im having dpc latency spikes, or do you have a topic about it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stasio

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8603 WHQL

8603_FF00

Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 12/25/2018, 6.0.1.8603

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alanfox2000

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8603 WHQL

Legacy HDA Driver
8603_FF0C_FF00_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG468_Win10_RS2_RS3_RS4_RS5_Win7_WHQL

8603_FF00 Generic
8603_FF01 with FMAPO
8603_FF03 with Nahimic
8603_FF04 with CXAPO
8603_FF06 with MaxxAudio
8603_FF10 with Creative
8603_FF0C with DTS/SST

Win 7,10 RS2 RS3 RS4 RS5 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 12/25/2018, 6.0.1.8603

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stasio

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8606 WHQL

8606_FF00

Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 12/28/2018, 6.0.1.8606

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alanfox2000
Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8606 WHQL

Legacy HDA Driver
8606_FF0C_FF00_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG468_Win10_RS2_RS3_RS4_RS5_Win7_WHQL

8606_FF00 Generic
8606_FF01 with FMAPO
8606_FF03 with Nahimic
8606_FF04 with CXAPO
8606_FF06 with MaxxAudio
8606_FF10 with Creative
8606_FF0C with DTS/SST

Win 7,10 RS2 RS3 RS4 RS5 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 12/28/2018, 6.0.1.8606

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maffle

Hello,

I found by Google search to this search. I have multiple issues with sound and sleep (modern standby) which are related to the Intel SST Audio Controler driver on my Dell XPS 15 9570 laptop. I tried so far the following drivers:

- Default latest Dell drivers Realtek-ALC3266-Audio-Driver_93M93_WIN_6.0.1.8454_A03_01 with come bundled with this Wave software crap and also (kinda old) Intel SST drivers, version 10.23.0.1520

- High Definition Audio-Controller (for the Intel SST device) + High Definition Audio-Device by MS

If I use the High Definition Audio-Controller (for the Intel SST device) + High Definition Audio-Device by MS drivers, modern standby is broken and Intel SST causes a 100% no DRIPS drain: wsnVjZM.png

Also following bugs with this driver:

- mic-in via dual 3.5mm input of the laptop doesnt work

- speaker volume is way too loud at dangerous levels. Having 10% volume is already as loud as 100% with Realtek drivers

Following issues with the Realtek drivers + Intel SST:

- driver randomly crashes maybe once a week, red x on Windows mixer, have to reboot Windows to fix it

- Intel Audio Service (drivers from Intel SST-QED device) randomly crashes, have to disable it in the Windows services. This seems to have no impact at all, so I dont know what this service is for actually

- random cracks and pops during audio play sometimes

- "computer beeping noise" in low volume scenarios or via headset / during switching

My question now is: Anyone found a decent solution to all problems? What is the best current best working driver for a Dell XPS 15 9570? Which Intel SST driver to use (if any) but then also have working modern standby, and where to get it? Any way to get rid of the Wave audio processing? Thank you very much.

Edited by maffle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erp-ster7n
On 12/26/2018 at 7:35 AM, SupremeMaster said:

Thanks for your consistent support  erp stern

Can i throw 2 more questions about audio ?

-Can i find drivers specifically designed for my kind of laptop (might not getting updates since the product line is old enough to people give up support on these days) Or should i use nahimic ones since i am using an asus lapop?

-And Should i be using ''Do not let specific programs to take over control'' option for better and stable sound, i'm asking this because im having dpc latency spikes, or do you have a topic about it ?

@SupremeMaster:

for question 1 - answer is NO.  the "Nahimic" drivers are not compatible with your FX553VD laptop as that ASUS model laptop does not use Nahimic at all.  apps like Sonic Studio, Nahimic will say that they are not supported when attempting to install those apps on the FX553VD.  just use any FF00 HDA driver from this github page, and do not use any other FFxx driver like FF03/FF04/etc. (nor using UAD drivers) because they provide no other benefit.

also, the FX553VD & FX553VE laptops (and most other FX series of laptop models) use ICESound (or ICEPower) instead of Nahimic - after installing Realtek audio driver, install the latest ICE Sound tool for advanced audio options.  some the ROG STRIX "GL" series (like GL503GE, GL503VD/GL503VM, etc.) use Sonic Studio / Nahimic instead of ICESound

for question 2 - as for DPC latency audio issues, see the following from these sites:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3788989/dpc-latency-fixes.html

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/

http://maxedtech.com/the-case-of-dpc-latency/

most of the time, they are hardware related (maybe up the RAM to 16Gb or higher, max RAM for the FX553VD is 32Gb), remove unnecessary programs loading at startup and see if that helps; there is no "universal" solution to the high dpc latency issues with audio as there are different causes

-----------------------

unrelated note: for all other users, Microsoft has recently posted v6.0.1.8603 on MS Update Catalog (currently a UAD driver for ALL OEMs) [I had been sick for a few days but feeling better lately 🙂]

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8603

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SupremeMaster
On 1/7/2019 at 8:28 PM, erp-ster7n said:

@SupremeMaster:

for question 1 - answer is NO.  the "Nahimic" drivers are not compatible with your FX553VD laptop as that ASUS model laptop does not use Nahimic at all.  apps like Sonic Studio, Nahimic will say that they are not supported when attempting to install those apps on the FX553VD.  just use any FF00 HDA driver from this github page, and do not use any other FFxx driver like FF03/FF04/etc. (nor using UAD drivers) because they provide no other benefit.

also, the FX553VD & FX553VE laptops (and most other FX series of laptop models) use ICESound (or ICEPower) instead of Nahimic - after installing Realtek audio driver, install the latest ICE Sound tool for advanced audio options.  some the ROG STRIX "GL" series (like GL503GE, GL503VD/GL503VM, etc.) use Sonic Studio / Nahimic instead of ICESound

for question 2 - as for DPC latency audio issues, see the following from these sites:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3788989/dpc-latency-fixes.html

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/

http://maxedtech.com/the-case-of-dpc-latency/

most of the time, they are hardware related (maybe up the RAM to 16Gb or higher, max RAM for the FX553VD is 32Gb), remove unnecessary programs loading at startup and see if that helps; there is no "universal" solution to the high dpc latency issues with audio as there are different causes

-----------------------

unrelated note: for all other users, Microsoft has recently posted v6.0.1.8603 on MS Update Catalog (currently a UAD driver for ALL OEMs) [I had been sick for a few days but feeling better lately 🙂]

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8603

Thanks for answers. I asked this because the motherboard fx553vd uses is gl553vd itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stasio

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8612 WHQL

8612_FF00

Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 01/08/2019, 6.0.1.8612

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alanfox2000

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8612 WHQL

Legacy HDA Driver
8612_FF0C_FF00_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG468_Win10_RS2_RS3_RS4_RS5_Win7_WHQL

8612_FF00 Generic
8612_FF01 with FMAPO
8612_FF03 with Nahimic
8612_FF04 with CXAPO
8612_FF06 with MaxxAudio
8612_FF10 with Creative
8612_FF0C with DTS/SST

Win 7,10 RS2 RS3 RS4 RS5 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG469
DriverVer= 01/08/2019, 6.0.1.8612

Edited by alanfox2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DmiTrah
1 minute ago, alanfox2000 said:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8612 WHQL

Legacy HDA Driver
8612_FF0C_FF00_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG468_Win10_RS2_RS3_RS4_RS5_Win7_WHQL

8612_FF00 Generic
8612_FF01 with FMAPO
8612_FF03 with Nahimic
8612_FF04 with CXAPO
8612_FF06 with MaxxAudio
8612_FF10 with Creative
8612_FF0C with DTS/SST

Win 7,10 RS2 RS3 RS4 RS5 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 01/08/2019, 6.0.1.8612

Well, you and fast) for xiaomi uad there are no drivers?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erp-ster7n
On 1/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, SupremeMaster said:

Thanks for answers. I asked this because the motherboard fx553vd uses is gl553vd itself.

 

the ROG GL553VD also use ICESound (like with FX553VD) as I checked the driver downloads for that ASUS model myself, which lists the ICESound tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erp-ster7n

@alanfox2000:

there was also an 8612 UAD Gigabyte driver that I can use on my Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 motherboard that includes Nahimic 3 integration.

and Nahimic 3 (v1.2.10) recently came out [see screenshot], so update your Sound enhancers page about this new version

 

realtek-uad-8612-gigabyte-rtkuwp165-nahimic3-win10v1803.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erp-ster7n

v6.0.1.8606 from Microsoft

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8606

Note: 8606 UAD is the last version to include the HDXRTBase.INF file.  The HDXRTBase.INF file is no longer included in 8607, 8609, 8612 & higher UAD versions

 

Edit 1/15: 8591 UAD (All OEMs) repacked [I'm very late on posting this version]

8612 UAD ASUS "Resell" repacked [contains more extension INFs for ASUS] - original unmodded 8612 UAD ASUS "Resell" version w/ Realtek XSetup (download link)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erp-ster7n
On 11/15/2018 at 4:25 PM, dealpapa said:

installing

v6.0.1.8578 A03 UAD driver released (1/8/2019) for Dell Latitude 5491, 5495, 5591 laptops.  It should also work for your Latitude 7390.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stasio

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8619 WHQL

8619_FF00

Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG469
DriverVer= 01/15/2019, 6.0.1.8619

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alanfox2000

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8619 WHQL

Legacy HDA Driver
8619_FF0C_FF00_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG469_Win10_RS2_RS3_RS4_RS5_Win7_WHQL

8619_FF00 Generic
8619_FF01 with FMAPO
8619_FF03 with Nahimic
8619_FF04 with CXAPO
8619_FF06 with MaxxAudio
8619_FF10 with Creative
8619_FF0C with DTS/SST

Win 7,10 RS2 RS3 RS4 RS5 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG469
DriverVer= 01/15/2019, 6.0.1.8619

Edited by alanfox2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dealpapa
14 hours ago, erp-ster7n said:

v6.0.1.8578 A03 UAD driver released (1/8/2019) for Dell Latitude 5491, 5495, 5591 laptops.  It should also work for your Latitude 7390.

installing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SupremeMaster
On 1/18/2019 at 9:44 AM, alanfox2000 said:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8619 WHQL

Legacy HDA Driver
8619_FF0C_FF00_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG468_Win10_RS2_RS3_RS4_RS5_Win7_WHQL

8619_FF00 Generic
8619_FF01 with FMAPO
8619_FF03 with Nahimic
8619_FF04 with CXAPO
8619_FF06 with MaxxAudio
8619_FF10 with Creative
8619_FF0C with DTS/SST

Win 7,10 RS2 RS3 RS4 RS5 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG469
DriverVer= 01/15/2019, 6.0.1.8619

So far so good. I am not using the endpoint which this driver uses but i can say it is more stable than the previous one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alanfox2000

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8614 WHQL

DCHU HDA Driver (UAD)
Universal_Audio_Driver_8614_NEC_TEST.zip

Win 10 RS3 RS4 RS5 x64
PackageVersion = PG469
DriverVer= 01/10/2019, 6.0.1.8614

This driver package(zip file name) is not WHQL, but includes all infs and all the files had been digitally-signed by WHQL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erp-ster7n
On 1/19/2019 at 8:30 PM, alanfox2000 said:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8614 WHQL

DCHU HDA Driver (UAD)
Universal_Audio_Driver_8614_NEC_TEST.zip

Win 10 RS3 RS4 RS5 x64
PackageVersion = PG469
DriverVer= 01/10/2019, 6.0.1.8614

This driver package(zip file name) is not WHQL, but includes all infs and all the files had been digitally-signed by WHQL.

 

thanks.  here's the "repacked" version of 8614 UAD

uad drivers like these are not always made by Realtek when they release new uad driver versions

---

unrelated note: 6.0.1.8569 HDA (non-UAD) + MaxxAudio 8.x from Dell [for Dell Latitude 5290, 5490, 7290, 7490 laptops]

(includes HDAADCMAX8.inf, HDXADCMAX8.inf, HDXADCMAX8S.inf files - these INF files are not included in FFxx based HDA driver packs; only certain Dell specific Realtek HDA driver packs bundle them)

this version should also work on certain Optiplex PCs like the Optiplex 7450 & 7460

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlexRe
Hi all! I need your help.
 
I use an ASUS VivoBook 15 X542UQ laptop which has an ALC294 (ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D71&SUBSYS_1A001043&REV_21) codec and Windows 10 OS
 
I can't use a headset via combo jack port (when I connected a 4 pin combo jack I can choose what I will use Microphone or Headphone, but I can't choose Mic and Headphones simultaneously), and I'm not sure that driver from official site supports ALC294 codec. 
 
I tried to install some drivers from a forum but that doesn't help. 
 
Could you help me with drivers for ALC294 for Windows 10?
 
Thank you in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erp-ster7n
On 1/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, AlexRe said:
Hi all! I need your help.
 
I use an ASUS VivoBook 15 X542UQ laptop which has an ALC294 (ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D71&SUBSYS_1A001043&REV_21) codec and Windows 10 OS
 
I can't use a headset via combo jack port (when I connected a 4 pin combo jack I can choose what I will use Microphone or Headphone, but I can't choose Mic and Headphones simultaneously), and I'm not sure that driver from official site supports ALC294 codec. 
 
I tried to install some drivers from a forum but that doesn't help. 
 
Could you help me with drivers for ALC294 for Windows 10?
 
Thank you in advance!

wrong hardware ID mentioned, AlexRe.  HWID "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D71" refers to an Intel SST Audio controller, not Realtek audio.

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), expand Sound, video and game controllers section and look for either Realtek High Definition Audio or Realtek(R) Audio.  Double-click on either one to view its properties, click on the Details tab and change the Property from "Device Description" to "Hardware IDs".  Hardware IDs for Realtek ALCxxx audio begin with "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC"; (example of ALC888 on my HP computer is ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2A6C").

OR if you have a Realtek SST Audio device like Realtek High Definition Audio(SST), on your ASUS X542UQ laptop PC, open Device Manager, expand the Sound, video and game controllers section and find Realtek High Definition Audio(SST), and get the Hardware ID number for that device, which begins with "INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC"

 

---

meanwhile, v6.0.1.8619 FF00 HDA (nonUAD) driver from ASRock (for ASRock B365 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard) [posted 1/21/2019]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×