LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Realtek Audio Codecs

mobilenvidia

1 hour ago, erp-ster7n said:

How to install Realtek UAD driver from PureSoftApps blog page (posted 6/12)

Requires Win10 build 15063 (RS2/v1703) or higher and DriverStoreExplorer to install Realtek extensions.

I'll try installing the Realtek UAD driver on the Gigabyte board first which uses Realtek ALC892 chipset with HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" and Win10 v1709.

I worded that badly. The driver installs fine (although very loud). It's the Waves app from the Windows store that we need.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• erp-ster7n

• stasio

• alanfox2000

• Andi_84

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOOT!  Success! 😃

got the Realtek UAD driver (8454 - not the latest version but I'm ok with it) AND the Realtek Audio Console UWP app from MS store to work with the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 board

realtek-uad-8454-anduwpapp-on-ga78lmtusb3r2.png

note: if I connect a Microphone to the Mic port, the Realtek audio console will display the "Recording Devices" section but as seen in the pic, I don't have the mic plugged in so no Recording Devices section is shown; in the Speakers options, there is the familiar Sound Effects Environment & EQ options from the old Realtek audio control panel

I think I said before that Waves UWP app from the MS store is a "beta" and is a work in progress - wait for newer versions to come out later in the year that would improve/add support for more Dell computers

Nice work there! And yes, you're right about the Waves app.

thanks stasio.

I installed 8459 UAD driver on Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2 board and then installed Realtek UWP app from the Microsoft store and here is the result:

realtek-uad-8459-anduwpapp-on-ga78lmtusb3r2(2).png

Realtek UWP app build I had before was 1.1.115.0 and now it was recently updated to 1.1.119.0 from the microsoft store.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:26 AM, stasio said:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8459 WHQL

LINK

Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG467
DriverVer=06/05/2018, 6.0.1.8459

MS update:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8459

Here are the "FF03" and "FF10" versions of the 6.0.1.8459 WHQL driver pack - nearly the same as FF00 version but with minor differences (these are rare finds 🙂).

FF03 with Nahimic integration

FF10 with Creative integration

Edit 6/20: I have discovered that the 8459 "FF03" driver package includes the 40 byte rtkhdaud.dat file dated 6/12/2018 stored in the Config folder, which may cause certain ASUS laptops & motherboards to not show or prevent the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel program from running when installed onto the Windows\System32\Drivers folder.  However that same rtkhdaud.dat configuration file may actually help or make the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel program work on Sony brand desktop/laptop computers where normally the Realtek audio control panel never worked on Realtek audio chipsets found on Sony OEM machines without this new rtkhdaud.dat file.

-Picture of Realtek HD Audio control panel running on a Sony VPCEB44FX computer w/ 8459 driver & the newest rtkhdaud.dat file (older rtkhdaud.dat files with different sizes will not work for Sony-

realtek-hd-audio-manager-v8459-on-sony-vpceb44fx-win7(1).png

for ASUS users - remove/delete the rtkhdaud.dat file from the Config folder before installing the 8459 FF03 driver.

1 hour ago, erp-ster7n said:

Gigabyte recently removed 8459 from the list but kept 8454.  8459 from Gigabyte may still exist for another model

New link

Dell just released a new Realtek driver, version 6.0.1.8432, with Waves MaxxAudioPro:

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05001580M/2/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_MMGGG_WIN_6.0.1.8432_A09.EXE

Fixes
- Fixed potential risk of high CPU usage caused by audio service.

Enhancements
- System compatibility enhancement for building OEM image

Details here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=MMGGG

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8472 WHQL

OEM drivers only (UAD)

Asus
Gigabyte
Lenovo
MSI

Win 10 x64
PackageVersion = PG467
DriverVer=06/21/2018, 6.0.1.8472

ok LSudlow.  check if the Dell 8432 package supports your HWID (hardware ID) and includes the proper INF files.

I found batch script file (InstallPackage.bat) from ASUS's customized v6.0.1.8397 UAD driver pack that automatically installs all the Realtek UAD driver components plus the Realtek UWP app normally found in the MS store (though only on ASUS machines using new Realtek audio chipsets) along with the bundled pnputil.exe tool to actually install the UAD driver.

Note: Use IE, MS Edge or Chrome to download old 8397 UAD driver pack from ASUS; Firefox & other Mozilla based browsers cannot properly download rar downloads from asus web site

Hi erp-ster7n... Yes, despite the description page saying 8432 is for Inspiron, my HWID is included and it installed just fine.

LSudlow, the 8432 driver download from Dell now includes your XPS 9560 model and is listed as an "Urgent" update so it's definitely compatible.

if you previously had a Realtek audio UAD driver on your Dell laptop, you need to remove it and "switch back" to the traditional HDA driver like the 8432 release

Thanks erp-ster7n - that's always good advice with Realtek audio.

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8475 WHQL

OEM drivers only (UAD)

MSI (Nahimic)
MSI (Creative)
MSI (RTK)
Asus
Lenovo
Samsung
Fujitsu
Panasonic

Win 10 x64
PackageVersion = PG467
DriverVer=06/26/2018, 6.0.1.8475

OEM HDA drivers

Gigabyte

Complete driver....FF00
FF01 with MAPO integration
FF03 with Nahimic integration
FF04 with APO integration
FF06 with MaxxAudio integration
FF10 with Creative integration
FF0C with DTS integration

Win 7,10 x32/64

thanks stasio.

FF01 = complete driver with Fortemedia APO or FMAPO integration

FF04 = complete driver with Conexant APO or CXAPO integration

FF0C = complete driver with Intel SST APO or Intel SST integration (not only DTS integration)

On 6/25/2018 at 9:10 AM, LSudlow said:

Thanks erp-ster7n - that's always good advice with Realtek audio.

no probs, LSudlow. though you could try any of the new "FF06" driver packs with Maxxaudio integration included (they just don't include the Maxxaudio apps, only integration DLL files)

On 6/20/2018 at 7:08 PM, stasio said:

gigabyte has recently posted 8475 UAD driver w/ Audio Jack Sense component

edit 7/6: also Microstar International [MSI] has just posted v6.0.1.8470 (UAD) (UAD w/ Nahimic 3) (generic) (generic w/ Nahimic)

Gigabyte has recently posted 8470 UAD driver with dolby_creative Ch Us Eu Asia

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8480 WHQL

OEM drivers only (UAD)

MSI (Nahimic)
MSI (Creative)
MSI (RTK)
Asus
Lenovo
Samsung
HP
NEC
Xiaomi