Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG467
DriverVer=07/10/2018, 6.0.1.8485

8485 UAD

Win 10 x64

On 7/16/2018 at 2:01 AM, stasio said:

8485 UAD

Win 10 x64

at last a new UAD driver that works for "all" OEMs.

I recently decided to "repack" the 8485 UAD driver.  I moved the setup files out of the XSetup folder and eliminated that folder and put the main codec INF files onto the WIN64 folder (similar to the UAD drivers for specific OEMs).  Now the Realtek UAD driver installation program should recognize nearly any Realtek audio device and automatically install the driver files, extensions & software components (except for any 3rd party extensions & components like Creative, Nahimic or Maxxaudio).

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8491 WHQL

OEM drivers only (UAD)

MSI (Nahimic)
MSI (Creative)
MSI (RTK)
Asus
Gigabyte
Samsung
NEC
Panasonic
Dell (Nahimic)

Win 10 x64
PackageVersion = PG467
DriverVer=07/17/2018, 6.0.1.8491

6.0.1.8485 FF06 (MaxxAudio) works well on my Dell XPS 9560. I didn't think it was going to at first. It was very loud and the MaxxAudioPro control panel made no difference in sound. I made a couple of custom presets and rebooted and the MaxxAudioPro came back grayed out and inactive and I thought, "Okay, time to switch back to the Dell driver." Then, out of nowhere, the control panel came alive and all the presets worked. Everything seems to be working very well at the moment.

Now, if we can find a UAD driver with Maxx...

EDIT: HA! No it did NOT work. The reason the control panel came alive and started working is that Windows Update silently installed an older driver. Oh well...

@LSudlow......I added UAD 8491 for DELL (Nahimic) ,in post above.

3 hours ago, stasio said:

@LSudlow......I added UAD 8491 for DELL (Nahimic) ,in post above.

Stasio, thanks but there's no MaxxAudio and the install fails the hardware check and exits.

stasio, LSudlow needs "Dell (Waves)" or "Dell (Maxxaudio) UAD" version, not Dell Nahimic UAD version because his laptop does not use nahimic. (edit 7/23) > The Dell Nahimic UAD 8491 driver could be used on Dell Alienware 15 R4 & Alienware 17 R5 laptops, which do support Nahimic as I checked the specs of these machines and available audio drivers on the Dell web site.  LSudlow's modern Dell XPS 15 laptop comes with Maxxaudio 7.x, so Dell specific Realtek driver updates containing Maxxaudio will be infrequent.

I did try out the Gigabyte 8491 UAD driver on my Gigabyte board but that version seemed to have removed the Realtek Sound Effect options; the Environment and Equalizer (EQ) options for Speaker mentioned in the Realtek Audio Console UWP app are missing.  updating the Realtek audio RtkUWP app from the MS store to latest version (either 1.1.125.0 or 1.1.126.0) made no difference.

I removed 8491 UAD driver and installed 8485 UAD driver on the Gigabyte board and the Realtek environment & EQ options in the Realtek audio console app have re-appeared.  (edit 7/23) > removed 8485 UAD driver and recently installed 8491 nonUAD FF00 driver on Gigabyte board and Realtek environment & EQ options do appear in the classic Realtek HD Audio manager control panel.  So it turns out to be a bug only in the Gigabyte OEM 8491 UAD driver.

a few weeks ago someone in the Ten Forums site posted v1.1.116.0 of the Realtek audio control UWP app for those who were unable to download & install that app from the MS store.

Realtek Audio Control Preinstall Kit 1.1.126.0

https://drop.me/aANDPr

Realtek Audio Control 1.1.126.0

http://mdluup.ct8.pl/get.php?id=e531b6f1-c18f-4d84-8515-5342419cae80

HP Audio Control 1.1.124.0

http://mdluup.ct8.pl/get.php?id=e8447125-fb11-4a90-b998-7d15af50f9c0

UWP-Package-Installer ~ The easiest way to install Appx/AppxBundle

Edited by alanfox2000

5 hours ago, stasio said:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8495 WHQL

OEM drivers only (UAD)

MSI (Nahimic)
MSI (Creative)
MSI (RTK)
Asus
Gigabyte (Nahimic)
Samsung
Toshiba

Win 10 x64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer=07/23/2018, 6.0.1.8495

Hi, but for Xiaomi no?

23 hours ago, DmiTrah said:

Hi, but for Xiaomi no?

Xiaomi UAD driver not always available, DmiTrah - at least not for the recent versions.  do you use a Xiaomi PC?  if so, what model.  run Speccy to determine model of Xiaomi computer.

8480 UAD from MS (microsoft really posted this one late yesterday):

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8480

8454 UAD (old version) from Dell > Dell (Waves) (for Dell Precision laptops, models 7530 & 7730)

8454 HDA (nonUAD) w/ Creative integration (seems like FF10) from ASRock

The Dell UAD driver installs fine on my XPS 9560 but it's extremely loud and seriously overdrives my speakers. I can make it work acceptably by dropping the master level and the bass enhancement, but I don't trust it and have reverted to 6.0.1.8432. The UAD driver is clearly meant for a different Realtek chip.

not just for a different realtek chipset but for a different Dell laptop series, LSudlow - in this case recent Dell Precision laptops that I mentioned previously

you are using a recent Dell XPS series laptop; expect few or very infrequent Dell based Realtek + Maxxaudio non-UAD driver updates like 8432, maybe when the October 2018 or 1809 [RS5] release of Windows 10 comes out afterwards, Dell may release another update for the XPS 9560 to add/improve compatibility with the next release of Win10 but don't keep your hopes up.

Microsoft posted these older Realtek audio drivers just recently on MS Update Catalog (though kinda late in July)

these are not compatible with the Dell XPS 9560 because they're currently UAD drivers

the "FF06" driver packs with Maxxaudio integration might be best suited for certain older ASUS laptops, Fujitsu PC "Lifebook" laptops or older Dell laptops (maybe Inspiron 14R/15R/17R seen on the Maxx.com site) that had older versions of Maxxaudio like Maxxaudio 4 or Maxxaudio 3.

Thanks, erp-ster7n. The Precision audio drivers usually work well with the XPS laptops, but apparently not the UAD drivers.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:34 AM, DmiTrah said:

Hi, but for Xiaomi no?

You have 8492....

15 hours ago, LSudlow said:

Thanks, erp-ster7n. The Precision audio drivers usually work well with the XPS laptops, but apparently not the UAD drivers.

uh-oh LSudlow.  Someone with the same Dell XPS 9560 laptop just had problems recently with the 8432 non-UAD Realtek driver mentioned in this recent Dell forum topic (maxxaudio pro EQ options not working with the 8432 driver).

maybe sign up in that Dell forum and help that guy out.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:27 PM, erp-ster7n said:

Xiaomi UAD driver not always available, DmiTrah - at least not for the recent versions.  do you use a Xiaomi PC?  if so, what model.  run Speccy to determine model of Xiaomi computer.

8480 UAD from MS (microsoft really posted this one late yesterday):

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8480

8454 UAD (old version) from Dell > Dell (Waves) (for Dell Precision laptops, models 7530 & 7730)

8454 HDA (nonUAD) w/ Creative integration (seems like FF10) from ASRock

Thank you . installed 4880. and what is UAD and HDA? I do not understand this. I have xiaomi mi notebook pro 15.6. on the site xiaomi the old driver is everything, here thought to update.

12 hours ago, stasio said:

You have 8492....

Thank you. Where to get these?

1 hour ago, erp-ster7n said:

uh-oh LSudlow.  Someone with the same Dell XPS 9560 laptop just had problems recently with the 8432 non-UAD Realtek driver mentioned in this recent Dell forum topic (maxxaudio pro EQ options not working with the 8432 driver).

maybe sign up in that Dell forum and help that guy out.

I'm already a member there. I suggested saving his adjustments as a new profile to keep them from reverting to default. I didn't know what else to suggest since the equalizer works fine here.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:34 AM, DmiTrah said:

Thank you . installed 4880. and what is UAD and HDA? I do not understand this. I have xiaomi mi notebook pro 15.6. on the site xiaomi the old driver is everything, here thought to update.

Thank you. Where to get these?

UAD = universal audio driver > newer (might be pre-installed on recent desktop/laptop PCs/motherboards manufactured in late 2017 or anytime in 2018; requires Win10 X64 RS3/RS4 though it may work on RS2 - cannot install on Win10 pre-RS2 versions like TH1/TH2/RS1)

HDA = high definition audio; legacy > older, nonUAD (pre-installed on desktop/laptop PCs/motherboards manufactured before 2017; runs on many different versions of Windows from Vista to Win10)

check the hardware ID number of the Realtek HD audio device for the Xiaomi mi notebook pro 15.6.  wait for stasio to give you the 8492 UAD driver download link.

8491 recently posted by MS

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8491

• StefanG3D pinned this topic