LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Realtek Audio Codecs

mobilenvidia

I just wish I could get back my Realtek UI and no longer need that junky Nahimic which doesn't even work in my main browser if you pause anything and if you do you have to exit and reload the browser then it works again until you pause again.

I had the generic Realtek UI on my Gigabyte motherboard but it died within a year (never GB again after dealing with their CS) and this MSI is a fantastic board with a fantastic BIOS but crap Nahimic ruins the complete experience that would have been the best for me.

Edited by DarkPrognosis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• erp-ster7n

• stasio

• alanfox2000

• Andi_84

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DarkPrognosis said:

I just wish I could get back my Realtek UI and no longer need that junky Nahimic which doesn't even work in my main browser if you pause anything and if you do you have to exit and reload the browser then it works again until you pause again.

I had the generic Realtek UI on my Gigabyte motherboard but it died within a year (never GB again after dealing with their CS) and this MSI is a fantastic board with a fantastic BIOS but crap Nahimic ruins the complete experience that would have been the best for me.

Which board you got DarkPrognosis?

The B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.  I don't use the WiFi but man it is twice the weight of the GB board and has proper heatsinks for the VRMs (the GB didn't have any for the +2 ones and the 4 side is skimpy).  I had a GB for my C2D E8500 (circa 2009) and in June of 2017 decided to stick with them.  Never again and I told them off good and proper as they refused to accept I had an issue.  Finally told me to send it in and they would look at it and about a month later I would have a new board or it back.  So much for a 3 year warranty and they said their job was to make sure we really did have a problem.  SMH.

On the GB board it used the vanilla, non branded, Realtek drivers and it worked just fine but on this board they shove Nahimic down our throats and the last version I found that does work on this board is the H97 board for Intel and any board made since then is with Nahimic which is garbage.

edit:  When I say Vanilla I mean drivers and UI with the equalizer and effects AND the loudness (normalization) on/off.

Edited by DarkPrognosis

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8555 WHQL

8555_FF00

Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 10/16/2018, 6.0.1.8555

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8557 WHQL

8557_UAD

Win 10 x64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 10/17/2018, 6.0.1.8557

I'd like to mention I found the 8557 UAD w/ Nahimic somewhere else. Just try Google and you'll find it pretty quick for ASUS, works fine on my B350-F

12 hours ago, stasio said:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8555 WHQL

8555_FF00

Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 10/16/2018, 6.0.1.8555

8555_FF00 + Dolby

https://mirrorace.com/m/4aQL5
https://mirr.re/d/Ojj

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8555 WHQL SVF

https://mirrorace.com/m/N3wd
https://mirr.re/d/Ok0

8555_FF00 Generic
Convert to
8555_FF01 with FMAPO
8555_FF03 with Nahimic
8555_FF04 with CXAPO
8555_FF06 with MaxxAudio
8555_FF10 with Creative
8555_FF0C with DTS/SST

Drag and drop extracted FF00 folder to the batch file

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8558 WHQL

8558_UAD

https://mirrorace.com/m/4QOc1
https://mirr.re/d/OjX

Win 10 x64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 10/18/2018, 6.0.1.8558

On 10/16/2018 at 10:29 PM, DarkPrognosis said:

The B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.  I don't use the WiFi but man it is twice the weight of the GB board and has proper heatsinks for the VRMs (the GB didn't have any for the +2 ones and the 4 side is skimpy).  I had a GB for my C2D E8500 (circa 2009) and in June of 2017 decided to stick with them.  Never again and I told them off good and proper as they refused to accept I had an issue.  Finally told me to send it in and they would look at it and about a month later I would have a new board or it back.  So much for a 3 year warranty and they said their job was to make sure we really did have a problem.  SMH.

On the GB board it used the vanilla, non branded, Realtek drivers and it worked just fine but on this board they shove Nahimic down our throats and the last version I found that does work on this board is the H97 board for Intel and any board made since then is with Nahimic which is garbage.

edit:  When I say Vanilla I mean drivers and UI with the equalizer and effects AND the loudness (normalization) on/off.

Speaking of Gigabyte, I have a GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 board (which has USB 3.1 ports, not USB 3.0) which has the HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" and using Realtek UAD drivers, not the traditional Realtek HDA drivers.  All my other old PCs that have Realtek audio chipsets will use the HDA nonUAD drivers.

Realtek had been quietly developing specialized UAD drivers like this one & this one that contain Nahimic 3 integration files & will support new Gigabyte boards & laptops, though the ID for my board is listed in the HDXGigabyte.INF file of the UAD drivers, the ID is not listed in the a-volute extension INF & HDX_GigabyteEXT_AVO_RTK.inf files.  no matter as I can add my HWID onto those extension INFs & disabling driver signature enforcement, then installing the UAD drivers with the edited/modded extension INF files, and thus I get both Realtek Audio console environment & EQ options along with using Nahimic 3 enhancements simultaneously like in the pic from the following link:

https://ibb.co/hpUKj9

16 hours ago, waitandhope123 said:

I'd like to mention I found the 8557 UAD w/ Nahimic somewhere else. Just try Google and you'll find it pretty quick for ASUS, works fine on my B350-F

ah forget about it, waitandhope123 - there's a new 8558 UAD with Nahimic 3 driver that just came out today - downloading this one myself.

though I'm using specialized UAD drivers on my Gigabyte board that do have Nahimic 3 support. just need to copy the Nahimic 3 software component files onto the 8558 UAD driver pack and then install them onto that board.

I'm not upgrading to Win10 v1809 on the custom built PC with the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 board yet and will stay with the 1803 release - Microsoft truly pushed out the 1809 release prematurely.

on another note: ASRock has posted their version of the 8549 UAD driver for FM2A68M-HD+/FM2A68M-DG3+ motherboards

6 hours ago, erp-ster7n said:

Speaking of Gigabyte, I have a GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 board (which has USB 3.1 ports, not USB 3.0) which has the HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" and using Realtek UAD drivers, not the traditional Realtek HDA drivers.  All my other old PCs that have Realtek audio chipsets will use the HDA nonUAD drivers.

Realtek had been quietly developing specialized UAD drivers like this one & this one that contain Nahimic 3 integration files & will support new Gigabyte boards & laptops, though the ID for my board is listed in the HDXGigabyte.INF file of the UAD drivers, the ID is not listed in the a-volute extension INF & HDX_GigabyteEXT_AVO_RTK.inf files.  no matter as I can add my HWID onto those extension INFs & disabling driver signature enforcement, then installing the UAD drivers with the edited/modded extension INF files, and thus I get both Realtek Audio console environment & EQ options along with using Nahimic 3 enhancements simultaneously like in the pic from the following link:

https://ibb.co/hpUKj9

See, I don't mind the traditional RT setup but I do like what you showed me and strangely enough Nahimic 3 is supposed to only be for an Intel CPU too.

I wonder if those drivers would work for my board?  I do not know what my subsys is supposed to be on this board though but I would love to have the old, or the one you showed, interface back and stop all of this nonsense they are currently doing.  Seriously, it makes me lone for the days of the PCI soundcards again and I may end up going that route if this Realtek nonsense doesn't stop.

Edit:  When I see

8555_FF00 Generic
Convert to
8555_FF01 with FMAPO
8555_FF03 with Nahimic
8555_FF04 with CXAPO
8555_FF06 with MaxxAudio
8555_FF10 with Creative
8555_FF0C with DTS/SST

what file am I modifying to convert to?  My 8555_FF00_PG468_Win10_RS1_RS2_RS3_RS4_Win7_WHQL_DOLBY may say FF00 but it is not generic and has something in it that makes the UI ask for Nahimic for the EQ and stuff but I know for a fact that a real generic doesn't ask that since the H97 version of the driver worked and was the plain Jane (though it did say MSI but was so old).

Edited by DarkPrognosis

I just wonder what is the benefit when converting Generic  driver FF00 to any of FF01, FF03, FF04, FF06, FF10, FFOC ?

On 10/8/2018 at 8:20 PM, erp-ster7n said:

hi TRJB (joe)

I'm recently recovering from a mild fever & sore throat but doing much better lately.

The recent FF06 drivers will NOT provide all audio functions for your Dell Latitude 3580 laptop with hardware ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_102807B8" because that specific HWID is listed only in the HDXADCMAX8.INF file AND the FFxx drivers do NOT contain that specific INF file as well as the "correct" maxxaudio integration files.  only specialized/customized Realtek audio drivers coming from Dell like the 8142 A07 version have it.

you can try this updated customized Realtek HDA driver from Dell - 6.0.1.8492 A17 (this was listed for Dell Precision 7520/7720 laptops but will work for your Latitude 3580 computer as I found the HDXADCMAX8.INF file mentioning hardware ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_102807B8");  uninstall the 8541 HDA driver first before installing this customized 8492 A17 Realtek HDA driver.

As for the shortened name change from "Realtek High Definition Audio" to "Realtek Audio" in device manager, it is by design as DELL told Realtek to simply give a shorter name and does not affect the performance of the audio device.  I know because I notice the name change on my relative's Dell Inspiron 580 desktop PC (using Creative THX Trustudio PC/Pro) when using recent Realtek HDA drivers.  It's just a simple name change - nothing more, nothing less.

Unrelated note - for those using recent Gigabyte boards or laptops I have obtained 8544 UAD Gigabyte Nahimic3 driver & 8544 UAD Gigabyte RTK driver

Thanks @erp-ster7n, that version does install and seem to function properly.

Much appreciated

TRJB

I wonder if you people might know why the Realtek drivers gurgle and pop at times?  Do a Google search and it is affecting people across platforms and even under the new board I am affected.  Sounds like it did back in the day when your audio buffers didn't have enough buffer and you were spiking the CPU when there was only a single core.  Any help for that?

If you use the old (non W10) task manager you will see a single core go over 100% and that is when the Realtek will "sparkle" (this seems to be what the Google search results calls it).  I think something is wrong with Realtek's drivers for a good while now and it is not multi threaded like the video drivers are since I see a single core spike above 100% when it does its problem.

edit:  Oh, a fix for the issue seems to be to uninstall Realtek HD completely and go to the Microsoft W10 drivers.  Worked for me but seriously?  RT has lost it I think.

Edited by DarkPrognosis

---------------Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmáricoÁrabeArmenioAzerbaiyanoBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChino (simplificado)Chino (tradicional)CingalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinésFrancésFrisón occidentalGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGuyaratíHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésJemerKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNeerlandésNepalíNoruegoNyanjaPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotho meridionalShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbekoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulúEspañol

Is there any difference in sound quality between UAD and HD driver?

6 hours ago, bitxan said:
---------------Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmáricoÁrabeArmenioAzerbaiyanoBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChino (simplificado)Chino (tradicional)CingalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinésFrancésFrisón occidentalGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGuyaratíHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésJemerKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNeerlandésNepalíNoruegoNyanjaPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotho meridionalShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbekoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulúEspañol

Is there any difference in sound quality between UAD and HD driver?

you mean between UAD and HDA driver

not really - no real difference between the two.

it's just that UAD drivers support newer Realtek chipsets while the traditional HDA drivers support existing Realtek chipsets

On 10/20/2018 at 6:11 AM, mah.bader said:

I just wonder what is the benefit when converting Generic  driver FF00 to any of FF01, FF03, FF04, FF06, FF10, FFOC ?

it depends on what kind of computer you are using, mah.bader (check the PC manufacturer's or motherboard maker's web site for original specs of your hardware).  best to just use FF00 HDA drivers unless you are using a brand new motherboard, desktop PC or laptop PC that came pre-installed with Realtek UAD audio drivers instead of the traditional FFxx HDA Realtek audio drivers OR using certain computers that came with certain audio enhancements like Nahimic, Maxxaudio or Creative.

unrelated note:

v6.0.1.8551 from MS Update Catalog (currently a UAD driver for Clevo):

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8551

21 hours ago, DarkPrognosis said:

I wonder if you people might know why the Realtek drivers gurgle and pop at times?  Do a Google search and it is affecting people across platforms and even under the new board I am affected.  Sounds like it did back in the day when your audio buffers didn't have enough buffer and you were spiking the CPU when there was only a single core.  Any help for that?

If you use the old (non W10) task manager you will see a single core go over 100% and that is when the Realtek will "sparkle" (this seems to be what the Google search results calls it).  I think something is wrong with Realtek's drivers for a good while now and it is not multi threaded like the video drivers are since I see a single core spike above 100% when it does its problem.

edit:  Oh, a fix for the issue seems to be to uninstall Realtek HD completely and go to the Microsoft W10 drivers.  Worked for me but seriously?  RT has lost it I think.

Avoid using/upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809 / Redstone 5) for now, DarkPrognosis - this version has a bunch of serious problems, including loss of Realtek audio on some PCs and loss of personal data files after upgrading.  Seems like Microsoft rushed this new release of Win10 (or released it prematurely).

stay with or downgrade to the 1803 version of Win10 until Microsoft gets it act together and fixes some of the problems with the 1809 version.

there's been so much criticism on how Microsoft has been releasing these Win10 feature upgrades lately, especially after I read these recent blogs & articles:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/10/microsofts-problem-isnt-shipping-windows-updates-its-developing-them/

https://michaelhorowitz.com/Defending.against.Windows10.patches.Oct.2018.php

40 minutes ago, erp-ster7n said:

Avoid using/upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809 / Redstone 5) for now, DarkPrognosis - this version has a bunch of serious problems, including loss of Realtek audio on some PCs and loss of personal data files after upgrading.  Seems like Microsoft rushed this new release of Win10 (or released it prematurely).

stay with or downgrade to the 1803 version of Win10 until Microsoft gets it act together and fixes some of the problems with the 1809 version.

there's been so much criticism on how Microsoft has been releasing these Win10 feature upgrades lately, especially after I read these recent blogs & articles:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/10/microsofts-problem-isnt-shipping-windows-updates-its-developing-them/

https://michaelhorowitz.com/Defending.against.Windows10.patches.Oct.2018.php

Yep, and I went from ssd to nvme on my new MSI board (might as well since the Gigabyte board died) and my copy was 1703.  I tried to update a driver and they forced me to update to 1803 which is what I have.  Strangely enough the old SSD (now drive D) has 1809 on it that they shoved down my throat.

This audio issue is beyond a single version of Windows issue as it transcends that.  W10 is the biggest pile of issues I have ever had from them and sadly this is the last Windows version they are making as they are trying to transition over to their Windows as a service model.  I have one game, Photoshop, and one CAD program that demands me on Windows but I am seriously wondering how Linux is these days.

Edited by DarkPrognosis

Hace 6 horas, alanfox2000 dijo:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8560 WHQL

8560_UAD

https://mirrorace.com/m/1t5pk https://mirr.re/d/QIB Win 10 x64 PackageVersion = PG468 DriverVer = 10/23/2018, 6.0.1.8560 

Hola, ¿cómo puedo convertir 8560 en un controlador UAD nahimic? de esta manera me dice que no encuentra hardware asociado y no es compatible, es un s1220 asus x-370

Gracias

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_10438735

Edited by bitxan

11 hours ago, alanfox2000 said:

8560_UAD

https://mirrorace.com/m/1t5pk 
https://mirr.re/d/QIB 

Win 10 x64
PackageVersion = PG468
DriverVer= 10/23/2018, 6.0.1.8560

this package is missing the important HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf file in the CodecExtOem_RTK_8560 folder.  it only includes the HDX_LenovoExt_DOLBY_CNXT.inf extension file.

6 hours ago, bitxan said:

Hola, ¿cómo puedo convertir 8560 en un controlador UAD nahimic? de esta manera me dice que no encuentra hardware asociado y no es compatible, es un s1220 asus x-370

Gracias

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_10438735

english translation please, bitxan

8560 incompatible with your ASUS X370 board

v6.0.1.8531 (old) HDA [non-UAD] w/ Dolby Digital Plus DS1 app from Lenovo (for Lenovo Yoga 11e)

17 hours ago, alanfox2000 said:

8560_UAD

https://mirrorace.com/m/1t5pk 
https://mirr.re/d/QIB 

Win 10 x64
PackageVersion = PG468

CodecExtOem_RTK_8558_8560 

Include most of CodecExtOem_RTK_8560 inf but missing
HDX_SaumsungExt_SAMS_RTK.inf
HDX_HpExt_XPERI_CNXT.inf
HDX_HpExt_SR_CNXT.inf
HDX_DellExt_AVO_RTK.inf
HDX_AsusExt_ICE_RTK.inf
Install them from CodecExtOem_RTK_8558 folder instead

8 hours ago, erp-ster7n said:

this package is missing the important HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf file in the CodecExtOem_RTK_8560 folder.  it only includes the HDX_LenovoExt_DOLBY_CNXT.inf extension file.

english translation please, bitxan

8560 incompatible with your ASUS X370 board

Hi, I'm sorry, it was a mistake of the automatic translator.
Effectively it is not compatible, I tested the 8557 uad and it is completely stable.
Thanks and best regards.

On 10/23/2018 at 6:54 PM, erp-ster7n said:

it depends on what kind of computer you are using, mah.bader (check the PC manufacturer's or motherboard maker's web site for original specs of your hardware).  best to just use FF00 HDA drivers unless you are using a brand new motherboard, desktop PC or laptop PC that came pre-installed with Realtek UAD audio drivers instead of the traditional FFxx HDA Realtek audio drivers OR using certain computers that came with certain audio enhancements like Nahimic, Maxxaudio or Creative. 

I have motherboard MSI PH61A-P35 (B3) which have Realtek chip with hardware ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1462D732&REV_1003"

Do i need to convert FF00 ?

And can i use UAD driver instead of HDA ?

I am using Windows 10 Version 1809 64 bit

56 minutes ago, stasio said:

8560_FF00

Win 7,10 x32/64
PackageVersion = PG468

8560_FF0C_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG468_Win10_RS1_RS2_RS3_RS4_Win7_WHQL

8560_FF01 with FMAPO
8560_FF03 with Nahimic
8560_FF04 with CXAPO
8560_FF06 with MaxxAudio