LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m GT into 6920G?

Guest Guest_olihodgson_*

Guest Guest_olihodgson_*

hi again, just found slightly more reasonably priced and easily available 8600m GT cards for MXM2 slot, would this work do you know? Apparently according to the seller the NVIDIA cards usually have an acer bios, so would it be plug and play? and is it any better or worse than a 9500m GS?

thanks again

Guest Guest_olihodgson_*
The 9500M GS is better than the 8600M GT. 9500m GS is a rebranded 8600m GT and 10% faster...

ok, but still fairly similar? i don't play games on it to be honest, just wanted it for photoshop and flash for my uni course, got a xbox 360 for games, i think i only have need for speed most wanted installed on my laptop for when i'm killin time at uni and fancy beating the subaru about.

Will it go in fine? the chap i spoke to about the card has said that they are all acer bios cards unless otherwise stated (asus bios only for asus) is that right?

don't want to blind flash a brand new card, plug and play would be nice!