LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What's wrong with my 9600M GT? Please help...

tommy_o_liu

I have OC my 9600M GT for a long time using DOX's drivers, but recently it becomes unstable...and i found something that in the Riva Tuner --> Graphic Subsystem Diagnostic report...

It shows many missed lines in many "Available categories" like "Northbridge information", " IDirect3D7 HAL capabilities", etc... is that why it becomes unstable??

Should i not OC it??

thanks!

Attached the report!

In what way has it become unstable?

How far have you overclocked it?

You should be aware of the risks before pushing the limits.

I have been OC it for a few months, recently playing Empire of War and it become unstable for example the shadow sometime is sparkling...i have tested its limit and i always not using the limit to play games. --> 660/1600/550 (DDR2) 3Dmark2006 = 618X , Temp Max = 7X

Thanks!

If the problem is just with one game it could be a driver issue.

Does it still happen without the OC?

Which driver are you using?

I am using Dox's 182.46 64bit windows 7, without OC, it's fine...but it dosen't happen before when i OC it...

My notebook is HP Dv5, and i have changed the CPU from P8600 to X9100, does it affect anything??

and i would like to know how can i OC my CPU...

You don't want to be OCing your CPU. As for your OC, its a bit high, you could just turn it down a little??

X type CPUs are meant to be OCed in the bios.

Turn down your GPU OC. It's possibly been too high for too long and has caused the problem you have experienced.

Update your driver to Dox's 185.85 as well.

My bios do not have this options...any other ways?

i have already updated to 185.85 and downclock it a little bit, and it is fine now, thanks!

but will OC damage display card but not destroy it and make it not working fluently?

Any amount of OC will shorten the lifespan of the card. Doing it too much can cause a much earlier death and problems like you've had.

As you changed your CPU from a non extreme to the OCable one you possibily don't have the right bios to enable changing the multiplier.

i see...thanks for yr help~!! and now i will downclock it...