LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FJS Amilo PI 1536

Robin4

Hey

Iam back in town :)

Ierlier i had an FJS Amilo M1437G notebook. It died.

A weak ago i was thinking buying an second hand one. So now iam typing on it.

Has T2250 1,73 GHz Core Duo

1GB Memory PC4200 DDR2 (2x 512MB)

FJS Harddrive 100GB SATA.

FJS AMILO PI 1536.

I bought this one because for the easy of upgrading it. A little bit i know what i can do with it.

I want to buy new, CPU, MEM, Graphics MXM card, SSD (otherwise bigger harddisk then 100GB)

I know that when orginal bios i can upgrade to:

Core duo 2 T7200

2GBs of mem (at max)

For speed thinking to buying an SSD disk

Is it possible to put higher grade cpu in above the duo 2 T7200? I was thinking to take the T7400 or the T7600 one. (Or is it possible with Alienware bios. Which one to take? And is this tested to work without corrupting the bios?

How is het possible to place 4GB in this book? And what spec do i need?

I have lieing on the table 2GB of VDATA PC-5300 DDR2 Sodimm. The weird thing was that this memory worked in my old FJS AMILO M1437G, but not in this one (AMILO PI 1536) How is this possible? Is it possible to use this mem with another bios?

If i put the mem in, and starting up. The screen will be black and getting an reboot loop. So he is geting on, off, on, off..

Are there better cards then ATI 3650 that will fitt this notebook.(with not that high TDP specs) I like to having an nvidia one, because they are a little bit cooler..

Will the ATI 4650 or 4670 fitt this notebook. (notebook has MXM II specs)

Edited by Robin4

I have just ordered an Core duo 2 T7600 2,33GHz. I will tried it me self. Won`t reporting anything.

Thx guys for the good help :) :) :unsure: :P

Guest Nuke33

Seems like this branch of the forum is almost dead. No posting at all.

I can´t help you with your CPU since i own a acer 5920g but i´ve heard someone saying that the Mobiliy HD 4650 works on Amilo xi1546. If you dare trying it please let everybody know if it was a sucess or not. I hope it will be :)

You should check these out:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=392273

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=381892

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....mp;#entry117456

Greetz,

Nuke

Few seconds ago i installed 4GB of kingston hyperx 4GB (2x2gb) PC5300. And yes they worked. Notebook is getting on without stupid on off on off on..

Having flashed alienware bios 1.19 on this FJS amilo PI 1536 motherboard. The con is that the bios only reports 3GB of ram. CPU-Z reports 4GB of mem.

I could try flashing bios 2.60 or 2.70, maybe they will work.

I was thinking of replacing motherboard, with an motherboard with 965 PM chipset..

Does anybody knows if there is an UNIWILL motherboard with 965 PM with MXM slot and supporting socket 479 or socket P? And has the same shape as mine FJS Amilo PI 1536 motherboard?

Guest Guest

you have to use an OS with 64bit , if you want to use 4gb, don't care that the bios says :) for ex. i use a win vista ultimate sp1 64bit and the system recognize the total 4gb of memory in , and so the same in task manager , because i have disabled the paging mode, for more speed inthe game, ex crysis...

Oke i think that i will go using dualboot for now and testing if windows 7 will work with the current drivers..

No iam not german. Im iam a dutchie. :) (the west from germany)

And today received the Core Duo 2 T7600 2,33GHZ. En yes it work with Alienware bios 1.19..

• 3 months later...
Guest Nick D.

i am totally ignorant about notebooks, unlike desktops, i never owned one, but we try to see what are the upgrade options of my nephew's Amilo Pi 1536, starting from the graphics card, then the CPU, RAM and HDD ... What criteria, specs, keywords should we use for compatible upgrade components? i dont even know what the slots are called (is it sokcet ..."m" for the processor in this board? which is the range of processors that can work with this board without bios blashing (or if a bios flash is needed, whats the procedure? where do we download the bioses from ? whats the vga slot ? "laptop PCIE 16?", are there any power feed limits that exclude certain Graphics cards? What MHZ is its ram ? DDR2? will a higher clock ram work in its higher clocks (bios settings?) or the stock ram already works on the highest FSB the board can support? etc etc) Where do we look for such components ? in europe especially. Either used or new.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

i am totally ignorant about notebooks, unlike desktops, i never owned one, but we try to see what are the upgrade options of my nephew's Amilo Pi 1536, starting from the graphics card, then the CPU, RAM and HDD ... What criteria, specs, keywords should we use for compatible upgrade components? i dont even know what the slots are called (is it sokcet ..."m" for the processor in this board? which is the range of processors that can work with this board without bios blashing (or if a bios flash is needed, whats the procedure? where do we download the bioses from ? whats the vga slot ? "laptop PCIE 16?", are there any power feed limits that exclude certain Graphics cards? What MHZ is its ram ? DDR2? will a higher clock ram work in its higher clocks (bios settings?) or the stock ram already works on the highest FSB the board can support? etc etc) Where do we look for such components ? in europe especially. Either used or new.

Thank you

Ik think that the stock fjs bios will support to T7200 cpu`s, thats what there domcument are saying.

With stock bios you can only using to 2GB of mem and no more.

The GPU slots called pci-express. Or other name is mxm slot. In that notebook its mxm II compatible. (maybe mxm III cards will fit also)

You can upgrade to 7600GT, 8600GT, 9600GT, Ati x1400, x1600, x1800, 3400 serie and 3600 serie. the 4650 will also work, but its hard to get.

Ik think that the stock fjs bios will support to T7200 cpu`s, thats what there domcument are saying.

With stock bios you can only using to 2GB of mem and no more.

The GPU slots called pci-express. Or other name is mxm slot. In that notebook its mxm II compatible. (maybe mxm III cards will fit also)

You can upgrade to 7600GT, 8600GT, 9600GT, Ati x1400, x1600, x1800, 3400 serie and 3600 serie. the 4650 will also work, but its hard to get.

Hello. Can you tell me please you current notebook configuration? What video card? Did you manage to change a motherboard? How much memory do you have? What other upgrades did you do?