LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Atheros AR5009/Dell Mini 1515 Half Card

Guest Ibby

Mobilenvidia: Thank you soooooo much for modding the 279 driver! I finally have a stable driver! No drops in more than 2 hours! (the 279 version I was using was unmodded.) Why can't atheros create stable drivers?!

I have a Dell Studio XPS 1340 with Windows 7 x64 (1515 wi-fi card). The wireless signal on this thing is absolutely useless unless I'm within about 5 metres of the router. I have a Macbook Pro which connects flawlessly all around the house, so I know it isn't a problem with the signal strength in general. I've been using the Macbook until now but I want to give the Dell to my girlfriend if I can get it working properly.

I'm really intrigued to try some of the modded drivers from this site after having read so many positive comments. The problem is that I have no idea how to remove the existing drivers. Every time I try to remove the drivers from Device Manager it just automatically installs again.

Are there any guides on how to do this? Also which drivers should I try?

Thanks!

After hunting for weeks for a solution, ten minutes after posting the above question I have managed to install the 8.0.0.279 driver mentioned earlier in this thread. The signal is still very weak but hopefully it won't drop out now. Thanks for all the info & drivers on this very helpful forum!