LaptopVideo2Go Forums

LG E500 atheros AR5007EG

Guest theguitar182

Guest theguitar182

hi. I have a LG E500 with an atheros AR5007EG,the driver version is 7.6.1.204. My OS: vista 32. The problem is that wifi only works 1/2 1 or 2 hours and then it disconnects, it looks like if i didn´t have a network card, i have to restart the computer and then it works perfect until it disconnects again. Firstly i though it was a problem with vista but i have read a lot of people have the same problem with that network card, could I install any driver from here to solve it? i have downloaded 8.0.0.144 but i don´t know how to install it and if this is the solution, thanks in advance.

p.s. sorry my english

Guest Jorgen

Hi.

I have the same problem. I have also tried to install windows xp with the newest Atheros driver with no luck. :)

It doesn't help me to restart because the only help for me is to shut down completely and then start the computer again.

Please help us and you're the biggest hero!. :)

You guys have tried the older drivers ?

Go right back to 7.4.xxx, give these a try.

Guest Jorgen

I heve tried drivers from 5.xxxx up to 7.xxxxx and I have the same problems. And tried both Vista and XP with same results. I guess that there are more people with this problem, and I hope someone have the solution. Please.

Guest theguitar182

Thanks. Searching on google i read the solution ( i don´t know if it´s the only one) was to flash the bios, but i don´t dare :) . I think the best thing we can do is to buy a new network card and change it .

Guest theguitar182

finally i have flashed the bios, it was easy.

here you can do it: http://www.notebook-driver.com/lg/xpvistal...-by-bios-flash/

read first the .doc and donwload your file looking at this:

* Ver 163

- E500-G***, E500-L*** : Vista ->E500_GM_Vista.zip, XP -> E500_GM_XP.zip

* Ver 11G

- E500-S*** : Vista -> E500_PM8400_Vista.zip, XP-> E500_PM8400_XP.zip

* Ver 10G

- E500-U*** : Vista -> E500_PM8600_Vista.zip, XP ->E500_PM8600_XP.zip

u can see your serial number under your laptop.

it works now fine :) , i hope this lasts forever.

good luck!