LaptopVideo2Go Forums

drivers for VAIO VGN-AR870EA

jack1177

Hi every body

I have a problem with my VAIO VGN-AR870 EA notbook; I have 4GB of memory on it and its orginal windows is VISTA 32bit ; you know the 32bit windows can not support 4GB memory because of this I've bought a 64bit windows7 RC. but I could'nt install its drivers like graphic (Geforce 8600M GT); motion eye webcam and other hardwarwe. I will please you if help me to finde my VAIO drivers.

PS: I've downloaded drivers from www.sonystyle.com (for windows vista ultimate) but they didnt install on windows 7 RC

Please read the FAQ. You have to replace the original inf with the modded inf available on this site. Use the newest Windows 7 drivers. And just an observation, what do you mean you bought windows 7 RC?

As for the problems you are getting with some of your other hardware that may be due to incompatibility issues between windows 7 rc and your hardware which should be ironed out with later driver releases for that hardware following windows 7's official release.

Please read the FAQ. You have to replace the original inf with the modded inf available on this site. Use the newest Windows 7 drivers. And just an observation, what do you mean you bought windows 7 RC?

As for the problems you are getting with some of your other hardware that may be due to incompatibility issues between windows 7 rc and your hardware which should be ironed out with later driver releases for that hardware following windows 7's official release.

Dear Andrew55

Thanks for you help But I couldent undrestand what should i do to solve my problem. please tell me step by step how can i install my drivers.

(I mean Ive downloaded win7 from MS site)

• 5 months later...

Hi every body

I have a problem with my VAIO VGN-AR870 EA notbook; I have 4GB of memory on it and its orginal windows is VISTA 32bit ; you know the 32bit windows can not support 4GB memory because of this I've bought a 64bit windows7 RC. but I could'nt install its drivers like graphic (Geforce 8600M GT); motion eye webcam and other hardwarwe. I will please you if help me to finde my VAIO drivers.

PS: I've downloaded drivers from www.sonystyle.com (for windows vista ultimate) but they didnt install on windows 7 RC

go to www.esupport.sony.com you will find the drivers there...i have an ar870ea and i just installed the drivers...