LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia 9650M GT DriverProblems (serious)

Averius

Possible solution is posted on nvidia forum:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=102344

Anyone tried this?

I read this and found a way easier to do that,I made a REG file and I'll upload it here,you can download it and try,but it DOES NOT work on my notebook(V80H86vn-SL,9650M GT 1G RAM,Vista 64 SP2,186.03WHQL),if it works on yours,please tell me,thanks.

the content in the REG file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm]

"EnableNonContiguousSVM"=dword:00000001

fix.rar

Edited by faintonce

Finally I gave up and installed the driver 185.70,every thing works perfectly,even the sound card works better than before(in World of Warcraft).

32bit

64bit

So,it means that ASUS konws how to do and the problem may be fixed by the new version drivers,just wait.

@set604

You made my day!!!!

I'm also an owner of a M50VN and had nothing but troubles for the past 5 months.

I would get random freezes (everything including mouse pointer hanging forcing me to do a hard reboot) maybe once every two days of normal use.

This happened with all nvidia drivers, from stock until before the 186.31. So it was difficult for me to pinpoint whether it was a motherboard hardware fault or a graphics card issue. This has also happened with all operating systems I tried, from xp to ubuntu.

But I always used the internal lcd. Are you sure the freezes would disappear by simply using an external monitor instead ? :) How did you find out ?

Also it seems with this new set of drivers 186.31 I now get instability (yes the frequent sys file crash notification) but at least I don't have system freezes anymore, just the black screen flickering for a moment and the sys file crash notification.

I'm loosing my sanity with this as it seems a software rather than hardware issue and wished to talk it with you in details, would you mind emailing me to luca.za@gmail.com ?

Thanks a lot

Luca

I'm currently running vista sp2 64bit ultimate up to date and my specs are:

ASUS M50VN-AK008G

4Gb kingston memory

Geforce 9650m gt 1Gb

1680x1050 widescreen 15"

Exactly the same problem with Asus m50vn.

GeForce 9650M GT (bios 62.94.3C.00.35).

Installation of any last Nvidia drivers (from 185.81 and newer) cause system freezes (stable bug, problem reoccurs every bootup). Tested on Windows Vista x64 sp2 and Windows 7 x64 (build 7137).

Looks like that problem happens only then built-in notebook lcd is active, but if dispay device is switched to external hdmi (e.g.) - no freezes, everything is ok.

Edited by luckyluca

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, Please all write to Nvidia about our Problem, as I did before !

The E-Mail adress is : nvidia@mailca.custhelp.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest VirtualAdept

same problem with my asus pc, running windows 7 rtm and geforce 9650m gt

no driver wokrs on it....

somebody should tell nvidia about the problem....

Hmmm that was a while ago ... but yeah i have the problem too with my Asus Pro72Vn with a 9650M GT 1024MB. Reported the errors to Nvidia and Asus ... Asus: "we don't support Windows 7 Issues" ... when i told them it happens on Vista too i was advised to RMA it. Nvidia never answered to Feedback, forum and e-mail ... customers can be such a pain in the arse :-P

If it helps I am still running my Laptop now with Windows 7 RTM (Sorry for that, Asus) and the DOX modified Forceware 182.46 with no issues. I'll keep it that way till I buy a new one... ya no Asus anymore and some ATI graficscontroller in it ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm that was a while ago ... but yeah i have the problem too with my Asus Pro72Vn with a 9650M GT 1024MB. Reported the errors to Nvidia and Asus ... Asus: "we don't support Windows 7 Issues" ... when i told them it happens on Vista too i was advised to RMA it. Nvidia never answered to Feedback, forum and e-mail ... customers can be such a pain in the arse :-P

If it helps I am still running my Laptop now with Windows 7 RTM (Sorry for that, Asus) and the DOX modified Forceware 182.46 with no issues. I'll keep it that way till I buy a new one... ya no Asus anymore and some ATI graficscontroller in it ;-)

Hey guys,

just found a possible solution in the nvidia forums. Haven't had time yet to test it, maybe some of you can try :

Possible Solution

The problem seems to be the Nvidia Powermizer. When the registry settings are changed it seems to work again :-) Please write here, if it worked for you :)

Cudos for the guys in the nvision forums :)

Greetz, Averius

Edited by Averius

• 4 weeks later...

Forums.slizone.com and forums.nvidia.com are currently down while we work to merge the two forums together. We anticipate that the forums will be back up on 10/30/2009. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

damn -.- ... what's the solution ??

can anyone write it here plz ?

i still have the dox 185.20

BTW ... if the fix WORKS, what's the most new driver to use ?

check this solution. asus released a bios update M50vas.212 . i found it on a german unofficial board. it fixed for me.

check it

ty

but in that post there are 2 kind of bios ...

the bios from kazo and the bios for n80vn

witch one is the right for my configuration ?

can i use both ?

mhh... i saw that those bios are the motherboard bios ... not just the VGA bios ...

lol ... i checked now that you are kazo :) ... so i use the 212 you uploaded ?

done but i still didn't upgraded the drivers... it seeems that new version decrease the performances ...

what driver are you using ?

Edited by VaNaLunD

its for M50 boards

:)

i use the latest official driver 186.81 for win 7 x64

I have the ASUS m70vn 64-bit with the GEforce 9650m GT 1 GB. Tried updated driver with vista and had to roll back to original ASUS supplied. Upgraded to windows 7 64-bit and the problem still exists. Can only use the version available from ASUS site. They also have no windows 7 drivers for the other things that break yet like the webcam, the fingerprint reader, etc. They just say they will become available in the future.???

I have the ASUS m70vn 64-bit with the GEforce 9650m GT 1 GB. Tried updated driver with vista and had to roll back to original ASUS supplied. Upgraded to windows 7 64-bit and the problem still exists. Can only use the version available from ASUS site. They also have no windows 7 drivers for the other things that break yet like the webcam, the fingerprint reader, etc. They just say they will become available in the future.???

look on their ASUS Support or google for unofficial asus boards. there is a german page for drivers AsusTreiber.de . found the m50vas.212 bios update there ;D

try to install vista drivers.. some drivers are not available.

hi,

found yesterday this topic and was happy that i'm not the only one having this issue!

i wrote to nvidia a email and still waiting for a response.

but in another thread i found this registry tweak

"\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Video \ (* a series of numbers that are different *) \ 0000 \ PerfLevelSrc"

Change the value of "PerfLevelSrc" from "3333" to "2222"!

change "powermizerenable" to "0"

change "powermizerlevel" to "1"

and "powermizerlevelAC" to "1"

in the modded inf it looks like this

[Mobile_Tweaks]

;Powermizer settings

HKR,, PowerMizerDefault, %REG_DWORD%, 3

HKR,, PowerMizerEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, PowerSaverHsyncOn, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, EnableCoreSlowdown, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, EnableMClkSlowdown, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, EnableNVClkSlowdown, %REG_DWORD%, 1

;PowerSupply settings

HKR,, AllowMaxPerf, %REG_DWORD%, 2

HKR,, PerfLevelSrc, %REG_DWORD%, 0x2222

HKR,, RMEnablePowerSupplyCapacity, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, RMPowerSupplyCapacity, %REG_DWORD%, 3

and applyed this to the .inf from here for the newest driver and i can say it is working until now :)

without this changes i got every time system freezes!

Using Asus L50Vn having a 9650M GT

Regards,

Sereby

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Henshaw

Hello,

I have got ASmobile Z97V with GF 9650M GT and I have got the same problem after installation the newest Nvidia drivers.. I tried everything also the disable of PowerMinimazer, but nothing worked. PLease if you have some really solution post it here because I really dont know what to do.... :)

So which driver is safe atm ? Please i've been not able to play any games at all thanks to this;

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have a total solution for this problem, I fixed it by updating the BIOS from ASUS support site, use M50VN and not x57vn if you have other model check under your battery and use that to search for your model, then:

Download the latest bios (in the description it says that it fixes flicker problem etc, THANK God!)

then download the Bios Winflash and run it but when you do this, make sure your laptop is charging at the same time and close every applications. and then run Winflash to flash your BIOS.

and you should be able to use your computer without any problems, then after that update your gfx drivers from laptopvideo2go.