LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PowerMizer Switch 1.2

Galdere

Now works with the most recent Forceware versions.

Download

Awesome, just to clarify turining off powermizer will prevent the ability of gpu to underclock itself ?

^ Yeah, if you turn off PowerMizer, the GPU will always run on full power. If it's enabled it will underclock itself to save power and reduce heat. :)

@OP: Thanks, looking good. :)

Guest Guest

hmm.. still doesnt work for me.. im on 186.03 and when im on battery the gpu still underclocks to minimum speeds. on gpuz main tab it shows its maxed out but under sensors tab it shows minimal clocks.

i have xps 1730 8800mgtx in sli.

every since the 185xx series its been like that although ive managed to turn power mizer off on ac

I am having the same problem with powermizer, when I am in Game it down clocks, very frustrating. when powermizer off gpu full speed, without powermizer it downclocked anyway and to the right speed and up again. powermizer seems to have messed this up badly. now one gpu runs at full speed and the other downclocks.

Windows 7 x 64 Dox185.85 SLI 8800M GTX xps M1730

• 3 weeks later...

If I set both AC and Batt to on, and reboot, the powermizer registry keys that set the enable and level values are zeroed. I would have expected them to be set to some positive number.

In any case, even if I go in to the registry and change those values to what I want: "3", and reboot, it still doesn't make any difference, powermizer still acts as if it had been disabled. I've had this problem with every NVIDIA driver version after 179.xx.

No joy here either I can only get 1 of my cards to speed up but then again it had the same effect as Nv GPU Pro or it did not have any effect at all as far as I can tell.

I posted about this here as well

So far I can tell though I cant really complain at the good efforts/time/knowledge just have to say it doesnt work, I hope Im not wrong in thinking this is only temporary.

I did revert Nv GPU pro and the card was working back to 200mHz instead of 500 as it was before then applied PP switch 1.2 and nothing really happened afetr reboot.

So far only Nv GPU Pro works on my rig and only partially.

Guest Guest

Can powermizer be used with desktop modified drivers?...

I ask because i have the 90.38 drivers for the 260m gtx and cannot get powermizer to downclock my card when using 2D application on battery and without.

I have downloaded the powermizer switch 1.2 and "turned it on" but still only runs on max cocks and is eating my poor battery.

Can anyone shed sum light on this..

Thanks in advance! :)

Guest Anthony

please dont ignore me...

i found that the 90.38 drivers do underclock (which i like) when ot in 3D modes (ie. playing games) but when finished watching a blueray movie for some reasen the card seems stuck at 3D clocks and cant revert back to the 2D....

please help.

Guest Anthony

Right for *STARTERS* ###### YOU ALL....I wet myself! :)

hehehe found a solution....IM SO CLEVER ITS ALMOST SCARES ME SOMETIMES!!

Changed the clocks using Nibitor...

So oringal clocks were:

2D: 200/400/100

THROTTLE: 275/550/301

3D: 383/767/301

EXTRA: 620/1500/925

Now the problem when watching a BlueRay movie is that after finished watching the film the clocks never went back to their oringal 2D clocks (this only happened on the modified 90.36 drivers i am using now) but stayed on the ULTRA clocks on AC power or stayed on the 3D clocks while on battery.

So.........

I changed the clocks through Nibitor as follows...

2D: 200/400/100

THROTTLE: 200/400/100

3D: 200/400/100

ULTRA: 620/1500/925

So now i NEVER waist battery life when watching a blueray movie as the clocks stay in 3D mode...and when plugged into a AC power i can still use the ULTRA mode for gaming!!

And whats more is that their is a silent mode on my sager laptop which brings the CPU and GPU to a minimum clock! So watching a blueray movie on AC power brings it from ULTRA to 3D!

And it works Beautifully!! Yea go me!!

Next....im going to see how low i can get the voltage on the 2D setting to save more power!! woop!

stop acting like an idiot?

Did I miss something fun Dox? Fill in the blanks will ya.

• 3 weeks later...

Got official 183.09 and powermizer switch doesnt work :) Is that because they are official?

Got official 183.09 and powermizer switch doesnt work :) Is that because they are official?

No.

No.

Then why? What should i do?

Then why? What should i do?

All I know is that tools like powermizer activate or deactivate values in the registry, you could try looking at another tool called nvgpu pro its very similar in the way it works, failing that I have no idea.