• Win XP 32bit
    • Win XP 64bit
    • Vista 32bit
    • Vista 64bit
    • Windows 7 32bit
    • Windows 7 64bit
    • Other (specify)

Just doing some "market research".

Would be appreciated if you voted in this poll!

I was first using Windows vista 32bit. But then my HD crashed. On the new HD, I installed windows 7 as my primary OS.

And the lucky number is........ 7

no doubt

the funny thing is that it's not an officially released os and it's already more popular than others

I don't understand why people are still using 32bit software in the 3rd millenium...it's getting kinda old.

wow more poeple using win7 x64 than I thought.

Yeah kind of crazy since it is still in beta. Very impressive. I would expect the Windows 7 numbers to jump when it is officially released.

Of course with that said I think the mentality here is "stay on the cutting edge" so maybe not that much of a surprise.

Windows 2003 :)

With 2008 waiting in queue.

Vista SP2......... :)

Guest Guest

obviously, this is a gang of early adopters and beta testers

so yes, i'm on Win7 32bit.

32bit because most laptops are 2GB RAM so x64 would be performance penalty as our 32bit software won't run as efficient. and drivers for x64 are a bit hard to find for our laptops

Guest ShnikeJSB

I can't vote on the poll, since I am not registered, but I have been running Vista x64 retail for quite some time (w/SP2 now). Ran Vista x86 OEM (pre-SP1 even) on my M1710 before that.

x64 systems seems to be quite popular nowadays,

I suppose most systems from oems have at least 3 gb installed?

Or perhaps they had 3 gb + with x86 and people smartly installed x64 themselves :)

With my dead Video card I went a wondering over at Dell and tried to setup a Vostro, just to get an idea.

The Vostro only comes with 32bit OS, and when I tried to select 8GB RAM (option was there), it told me it was incomparable, 'fix now or later'

Bit naff from Dell, if you want 8GB with a 32bit OS who cares, don't say incomparable say it will only recognise ~3Gb

I would ofcouse ditch the full of crapware 32bit OS and install WIn7 x64, with 8GB it would rock

I don't think you can buy a CPU that is not 64bit these days, no reason to buy 32bit OS

Vista x64 Home Premium user here and it works like a charm. Very fast and responsive. But then I do have a Quad Core and 4Gb of RAM in the system so that might explain why its pretty fast.

With my dead Video card I went a wondering over at Dell and tried to setup a Vostro, just to get an idea.

The Vostro only comes with 32bit OS, and when I tried to select 8GB RAM (option was there), it told me it was incomparable, 'fix now or later'

Bit naff from Dell, if you want 8GB with a 32bit OS who cares, don't say incomparable say it will only recognise ~3Gb

I would ofcouse ditch the full of crapware 32bit OS and install WIn7 x64, with 8GB it would rock

I don't think you can buy a CPU that is not 64bit these days, no reason to buy 32bit OS

Eh, my laptop comes with 32 & 64bit. I just have had less problems with 32bit Vista than i have with 64Bit it comes with so i just use the 32bit.

vista 64bit

it would be stupid to pick 32bit since i got more than 3GB ram

Vista Ultimate x64 SP2.. for now...

But AS SOON as Windows 7 comes out, ill be making the switch to Windows 7 Ultimate x64! :)

Windows 7 64-bit here.

Windows XP 64-bit is an excellent operating system, and worth installing for people who wish to stick with XP. Don't listen to the haters - it's just as functional as XP 32-bit, and unless you have really obscure hardware, drivers aren't much of a problem these days.

That said, the main reason I stuck with XP so long is because of certain games that woudln't work in Vista SP1 - these games now work in Windows 7 and Vista SP2. I am a bit of a Vista hater, but I did give it a chance, 18 months in fact, bwefore I reinstalled XP. Windows 7 is a return to form in terms of performance, and also fixes most of the compatibility issues that plagued Vista/SP1.

win xp po x64 :)

win vista ultimate x86 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Vista 32 bit atm, but thinking of moving to Win7 64 bit :>