LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Screen scroll/pan

LR12

Hello everybody! :)

After asking google and also searching here in the forum I hope that somebody here can help me, or at least point me to a possible solution.

All I want to have is a "scrolling desktop" on my Acer Aspire 5920G. I've read postings from people who want to get rid of it, but I want to have this "feature". Under "scrolling desktop" I understand some kind of virtual desktop which is bigger in size than my native notebook screen (which is 1280x800).

The aim is to have a desktop of 1280x1600 and make it scroll whenever I move the mouse to the bottom or top of the screen.

As I'm not an expert, I'm not sure if this can be done at all. I've tried software like "sdesk" which generates a virtual desktop, but the maximum size of a window (e.g. explorer, firefox, etc) is the native screen resolution.

Does anybody know if this can be achieved by modding a .INF file, or tweak the registry, etc.? I appreciate any idea or hint!!

My specs:

Acer Aspire 5920G

Windows Vistsa Home

GeForce 9500M GS - 512MB

cheers,

Rene

Edited by LR12