LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with nvlddmkm.sys

Germarican

Hello, i have recently received my laptop for graduation and was excited to play some games since my laptop is a gaming laptop.

Its a Gateway P-6860FX, GeForce 8800M GTS 512 DDR3 ram. Well, after i installed the game, my computer freezes, screen turns black for 5 secs and send me to the desktop and gives me left on the bottom an error called "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered". This error comes also when im on the desktop randomly. Now, what i have done in the past to try to fix this problem is formating and installing new drivers. I have formated from Vista to Xp and xp gives me and nv4_display.dll error and so i went back to Vista. I havebeen searching for an solution for the past 8 days and have not found one yet. This is my last forum that ive know of that might help me sense you guys work with nvidia drivers. If you guys need more information, i would be gladly to inform you guys with what i have.

Please help me , this is my last resource.

Germarican

There are many ways of how you can get this error, for example I used to receive it sometimes when I "uber-overclocked" my gfx card

it could be because of problems with the drivers, etc.

I'll just skip the "try to clean the PC before installing new drivers" because you even reinstalled the OS ("twice").

What you could try it's to change the Paged Pool Size

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management

Paged Pool Size should be 0, set it to 314572800 Decimal (not Hex) and reboot.

Months ago I had an infinite loop error and this solved it, maybe it can work for you :) .

man, did not work either but thanks for helping me out. Does anybody else have an possible solution?

• 2 weeks later...

What drivers have you used/ tried? Try these:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=24003

I was using 185.20 Dox version,

All from a sudden, abt a month ago, it freeze and have to do a hard reset randomly when I try to play video file or play games.

sometimes even bluescreen came up.

since i notice this may cause by a NVidia sys file (i can't remember the full file name in bluescreen)

Then i tried this 185.58 Dox version, even worse, every time i open Street Fight IV, it got error after choosing characters.

and give me the "nvlddmkm not responding and recover" error message. sometimes it gone freeze again and needed a hard reset... somebody help please!

I was using 185.20 Dox version,

All from a sudden, abt a month ago, it freeze and have to do a hard reset randomly when I try to play video file or play games.

sometimes even bluescreen came up.

since i notice this may cause by a NVidia sys file (i can't remember the full file name in bluescreen)

Then i tried this 185.58 Dox version, even worse, every time i open Street Fight IV, it got error after choosing characters.

and give me the "nvlddmkm not responding and recover" error message. sometimes it gone freeze again and needed a hard reset... somebody help please!

some update here, I am using 2x 9800M GT SLI,

after getting the blue screen about the nvlddmkm.sys file.

the machine hard reset itself and go back into Vista, one of the two display cards got disabled by windows

just like the following screenshots

MultimonVista.jpg

utitled306.jpg

Can someone instruct me how to fix this pls?

Guest J@CKY

some update here, I am using 2x 9800M GT SLI,

after getting the blue screen about the nvlddmkm.sys file.

the machine hard reset itself and go back into Vista, one of the two display cards got disabled by windows

just like the following screenshots

MultimonVista.jpg

utitled306.jpg

Can someone instruct me how to fix this pls?

interestingly the disabled graphic card started working again after a several reboot.

Also, I've tested that seems like whenever i use SLI mode to play games, Street Fighter 4, PES2009, etc. (no matter which method of rendering) it gone frozen and dead after sometime.

But when i use Single GPU, it works fine.

Someone help plssssss................

• 3 weeks later...