LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM Bios collection?

Robin4

Is it maybe an good idea to make an bios database? So we can uploading all or our bioses to a database with the discription want kind of bios it is and from what card. So if you looking for an bios that the people can download it from the database.

Techpowerup already do it.

Yes but try fund in Techpowerup vbios for new ATI mobility cards. I think is good idea create this topic for MXM card.

I too think this is a good idea. After searching around for different vbios to try to get my dvi port working on my m5750/5790 with my hd3650... this would probably help with a solution.

btw... techpowerup only has vbios for the desktop versions. I checked the chip type using their rbe and they dont match... be warned, could possibly brick your gpu

When shall we begin to make an database? And where to upload on een save server?

Is it possible that this forum admin can host all of the files?

Guest Meins321

A vBios Database wouldn't be any good as it results in even more deadflashed cards and recover isn't easy thus you should leave it at all.

Even if it helped some times it HARMS more than on a Desktop as you can't boot

• 1 month later...

Is it the VBIOS that would need to be flashed for compatibility, or is the notebooks BIOS the critical issue in terms of recognizing the MXM VBIOS?

MA