LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS

Sebban

Hello.

I am looking for moded drivers to fix freezing problem in Unreal Tournament 3.

Its a common problem for a lot of people - game freezes permanently in random moments.

Im sure some of you out there are familiar with it.

Im looking for a solution to play the game without this freezing problem.

Ive been advised to look for help here regarding the moddin drivers (installing desktop drivers on a laptop)

My laptop is ASUS A7Sn series. Here are his specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.40 GHz

3 Gigs'o'RAM

nVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit.

stop making new topics about your issue and be patient

try dox 185.85 , thats a good modified driver

stop making new topics about your issue and be patient

try dox 185.85 , thats a good modified driver

Ive made two different topic. One is about game problem and this is about driver because I dont know how to instal them / whats the deal with inf files - and yes Ive mentioned about the issue because that is the main reason I turned to moded drivers.

Are you certain this will be a good choice for my laptop and solving the problem?

At the moment I installed these: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24482-v18624-win7-32bit-nvidia-oem/page__p__117831__hl__9500M%20GS__fromsearch__1entry117831

At first I didnt knew how, but then I unpacked nvam.inf to the directory where the installer of 186.24 was since it didnt worked at first.

Been playing UT 3 for like 4 hours and got freeze in the end ~~

i see u went for a 186 driver

havent tried those myself yet, still waiting for some benches for those

anyways i know for certain your GPU is compatible with dox 185.85 (there is a normal 185.85 as well, dont get them mixed up)

off course i cant say for certain it will fix your problem but it will at least give your system a good boost and the issues with my 8600M GT of my old laptop with UT3 were over

Edited by ChronicNL

i see u went for a 186 driver

havent tried those myself yet, still waiting for some benches for those

anyways i know for certain your GPU is compatible with dox 185.85 (there is a normal 185.85 as well, dont get them mixed up)

off course i cant say for certain it will fix your problem but it will at least give your system a good boost and the issues with my 8600M GT of my old laptop with UT3 were over

By your issues you mean the same issues Im speaking here ?

Random freezes that required system reboot ?

Right now most crucial thing for me is to fix the freezing problem.

Epic officialy suggested here 182.05 beta drivers: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=659371

Im gonna try them first if that fails Im gonna go for your advice.

Now I got some things figured out by myself with how things work around this fourm (used wrong modded infs of other realese with other driver set)

But all is clear to me now going after the track epic left I should just mod the drivers to work with laptop and test them. Some people got this problem unsolved even with regular pcs and the suggested driver, but I got nothing to loose in trying after wich I will go for your suggestion.

Could you paste me a link of the drivers you recomanded ?

i had 2 gamefreezes once with it and always got laggy after playing a long time

link to dox 185.85

pick x86 there

Okay thankyou.

Two more questions though:

1. Are they compatible with GeForce 9500M GS?

2. If yes then how to install them since they give me an error when I try to install them.

uninstall the other drivers first and try again

NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0406.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS"

your gpu is in the supported list

Ah ye right. Now I see what I did wrong.

Well since most recent drivers failed I will go for yours now.

Back from testing them and reporting in that they didnt solve the freezing problem though they seem slightly better then the previous drivers. But those are not it what I was looking for. Any other suggestions ?