LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Poll: Would you upgrade to Windows 7 RTM?

Dox

Would you upgrade to Windows 7 RTM?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Well would you?

• Yes due to my experiences of the RC
    • No due to my experiences of the RC
    • I will stick to XP/ Vista
    • Only if it is preinstalled on my next machine
    • I shall wait until SP1 is out for it
    • Whats Windows? Linux FTW!

Lets see your thoughts.

Has Microsoft won over your hearts?

win7 is great (like xp before)! directx 10&11 and much more compatible and faster than vista!

Edited by danny_christ

I just wanna say stay at XP than switch to Ubuntu.

Im off stupid&expensive hardware. :)

Yes, I always upgrade to the latest windows version when it's released.

With my next laptop, yes.

Windows 7 rocks. If Microsoft screw this 1 up like vista. I think microsoft is sunk.

There is no option for yes and not having used the RC.

Preordered on Amazon the first day it was available.

I just wanna say stay at XP than switch to Ubuntu.

Im off stupid&expensive hardware. :)

You don't need to upgrade hardware.

Today hardware are cheap as hell anyways.

I am able to install Windows 7 on a 10 year old laptop (Dell Inspiron 8000). Used to have Windows 2000. That's mean it runs better than XP.. You should get Windows 7. XP is going down this year.

Edited by mmzmaster

I already have the latest RTM build installed, but I chose Windows Server 2008 R2, as it is less bloated.

I'm still on the official win7 RC.

Will definitely go RTM with a new machine.

I experienced many blue screens of death and crashes in otherwise stable software, when i ran the RC.

I later found out that the RC is an old version/build of windows 7 and that the rtm is a better build... so i'm trying out build 7600 x64 to see if it's not s*** like the RC is.

Actually i'm writing this post from my ACER 8920G running 64-Bit Vista RTM and daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanm it's fast.. or as we say it wukkin.

I haven't been running the RC, but I am happy with Vista and this is an improvement on that, so yes I'm upgrading. Already bought a technet subscription for the release of the RTM (and Office 2010 next year).

. or as we say it wukkin.

I can attest to that too judging by the RC version!

Though I haven't had much use of the RC version, I can still definitely say my experiences with it have been pleasurable and I would upgrade to the RTM.

Guest Shane_P

well if build 7600 is any indication (or really RTM version)

whar are the differences???

none really. Other than it does boot a lot faster,

3D?

my 3D Vantage scores seems same (pretty much between build 7100, 7200 7600), Crysis and Far Cry2 benchmark?

about same (all though I have changed video drivers on my 9800 GX2 a few times though...with i7 920)

but really no difference

I bet the verified RTM will be no difference, a tiny tweak here and there

it is obvious to everyone that Windows 7, is just Vista done proper.

everything they did (even DX11) I am sure could have been updated to Vista

(but I guess Gill Gates needs some more cash for his retirement fund...lol)

but yah. Vista wasn't bad, and Windows 7 is faster booting and openning apps, I would get RTM, and probably purchase even (forced to for DX11 anyway...lol)

funny thing

the only thing I found that doesn't work in Windows 7?

my LIFECAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft Webcam! lol

it didn't work in RC, and in Windows 7, they pop up a box stopping it from running, due to problems

lol

the only thing that don't work in Microsoft Beta OS is a Microsoft product!!!

but yah,(7600) boots faster and thats it, I bet RTM will even have a few MINOR tweaks like that thrown in.

Im going to be using build 7600, just it wont be on my laptop(unless its much better then 7100), just ordered my desktop with i7 goodness and what not so will use it on that till its released.

I honestly havent been bothered keeping up to date with the leaked builds.

Still happy with 7100 :)

Only thing that dont work is my built in webcam, but I'm not bothered.

Guest SquallRinoa892

well if build 7600 is any indication (or really RTM version)

whar are the differences???

none really. Other than it does boot a lot faster,

3D?

my 3D Vantage scores seems same (pretty much between build 7100, 7200 7600), Crysis and Far Cry2 benchmark?

about same (all though I have changed video drivers on my 9800 GX2 a few times though...with i7 920)

but really no difference

I bet the verified RTM will be no difference, a tiny tweak here and there

it is obvious to everyone that Windows 7, is just Vista done proper.

but yah. Vista wasn't bad, and Windows 7 is faster booting and openning apps, I would get RTM, and probably purchase even (forced to for DX11 anyway...lol)

funny thing

the only thing I found that doesn't work in Windows 7?

my LIFECAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft Webcam! lol

it didn't work in RC, and in Windows 7, they pop up a box stopping it from running, due to problems

lol

the only thing that don't work in Microsoft Beta OS is a Microsoft product!!!

but yah,(7600) boots faster and thats it, I bet RTM will even have a few MINOR tweaks like that thrown in.

Where the hell did you get 7600 from? Latest one i got which i just downloaded was 7100...

Where the hell did you get 7600 from? Latest one i got which i just downloaded was 7100...

^ me BTW..

If Windows 7 and Toshiba get there s*** straight i wont have a problem. I have Home Prem on Pre-order Upgrade for $49.99

Toshiba need to get the FN key working along with a few other problems.

I don't really understand why people think W7 is so good, Everytime I install it, its nether faster or more compatible than XP on my desktop or Vista on my laptop. I always had to go back to XP or Vista because something just won't work properly. Do people have something special in there computers that work better with W7 or something cos I just don't see how much better W7 is compared to XP or Vista. I find the GUI a bit anoying also, every icon opens up a menu with a gazillion options? seriously I just need one option open or closed...

I'm actually someone who used to be obsessed about having the latest stuff, probably still am a little, but when the latest isn't exactly better, I find it hard to understand what so good about it.

Edited by Sewje

DX11 will be available for Vista...

I don't really understand why people think W7 is so good, Everytime I install it, its nether faster or more compatible than XP on my desktop or Vista on my laptop. I always had to go back to XP or Vista because something just won't work properly.

What doesn't work?
Do people have something special in there computers that work better with W7 or something cos I just don't see how much better W7 is compared to XP or Vista. I find the GUI a bit anoying also, every icon opens up a menu with a gazillion options? seriously I just need one option open or closed...
Try to get used to it or look in the options...