LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Poll: Would you upgrade to Windows 7 RTM?

Dox

Would you upgrade to Windows 7 RTM?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Well would you?

• Yes due to my experiences of the RC
    • No due to my experiences of the RC
    • I will stick to XP/ Vista
    • Only if it is preinstalled on my next machine
    • I shall wait until SP1 is out for it
    • Whats Windows? Linux FTW!

How about Mac?

Linux > Windows > Mac

aww michael you're so evil i don't like mac too but that hurts sensitive mac people hehehe :)

Edited by Beyond

I don't really understand why people think W7 is so good, Everytime I install it, its nether faster or more compatible than XP on my desktop or Vista on my laptop. I always had to go back to XP or Vista because something just won't work properly. Do people have something special in there computers that work better with W7 or something cos I just don't see how much better W7 is compared to XP or Vista. I find the GUI a bit anoying also, every icon opens up a menu with a gazillion options? seriously I just need one option open or closed...

I'm actually someone who used to be obsessed about having the latest stuff, probably still am a little, but when the latest isn't exactly better, I find it hard to understand what so good about it.

Hmmm. Odd. I used to get the first BSODs about one month after fresh format with Vista, now none after like 3 months... The networking does break occasionally (a simple full stack reset fixes it) but other than that its awesome. Its even faster than XP on my 4 year old P4 desktop (well, it feels faster...) so I'm definitely upgrading. All the stuff on my laptop works after installing Vista preload drivers or newer drivers... My desk has IGP drivers for Win2003 on it and works fine so I say you do have a weird experience...

aww michael you're so evil i don't like mac too but that hurts sensitive mac people hehehe :)

Mike is the destroyer of worlds.

Yes, I wanna try x64 OS finally!

Grabbing build 7600 now, will install it tomorrow

I decided to opt for build 7100 instead of 7600 with my new machine, due to the fact that there seems to be quite the debate about which is the real rtm (7600.16384 / 7600.16385) and none of them are official leaks. if the version you try is better then 7100 ill give it a try.

also i7 920 + gtx 275 (oc'd) is a beast :)