LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FPS Drops down after a while

Guest S.Kraus

Guest S.Kraus

Hello I've got an Acer Aspire 5920G laptop with intel core 2 duo 1.83ghz, Geforce 9500M GS and 4GB DDR2 and I've got a problem with it,

I can play games just fine they're smooth and all but after a while the fps just drops down, for example I bought GTA4 lately, it works perfectly but after a while it's all slow and I need to reboot the game. Same with other games like Prototype.

Is there a solution to fix this? I tried to install different drivers but it didn't change at all

Please help me, it's so annoying !!! Thanks in advance !

Guest cat824

Hello I've got an Acer Aspire 5920G laptop with intel core 2 duo 1.83ghz, Geforce 9500M GS and 4GB DDR2 and I've got a problem with it,

I can play games just fine they're smooth and all but after a while the fps just drops down, for example I bought GTA4 lately, it works perfectly but after a while it's all slow and I need to reboot the game. Same with other games like Prototype.

Is there a solution to fix this? I tried to install different drivers but it didn't change at all

Please help me, it's so annoying !!! Thanks in advance !

it may b ur processors...happens with mine aswell...just needa turn gfx down a lil...just tryin to help...dont flame...

This is almost always due to heat. Make sure your vents are all clear. A can of compressed air to blast out the cooling fins (inside one of the vents) sometimes works wonders.

Guest S.Kraus

I've checked the temperature and everything's ok

What's Powermizer? Is it advised to disable it?

I've also heard about Undervolting, can it really fix my problem? Is it any good?

when your gpu heat up powermizer comes in and underclocks your gpu for cooldown.so if you disable it no more underclocking!! :) .but first you have to clean your laptop' fan's so it can cool itself.after doing this you should do these things to disable it:http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929

Edited by mertkan