LaptopVideo2Go Forums

error installing drivers

__-_-_-__

So, I ordered a GIGABYTE GN-WI06N from Oxfordtec but they shipped me a SparkLAN WPEA-124N.

Anyway I see many modded drivers here and I've tried the ones on the sparklan website but ALL the ones I tried I was getting an error. "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

The only drivers I was able to install was these ones here: http://www.atheros.cz/download.php?atheros=AR5008X&system=2

I would love to install some modded drivers...

Am I doing something wrong?

Ah the infamous 124N, yes this card is an OEM card with no SW or instructions.

SparkLAN do have drivers but quite old now.

What OS are you using ? or trying to install to ?

sorry, I mistakenly deleted part of my post. I installed in a windows pro xp x64 sp3.

I'm aware of the ancient drivers of sparklan. I tried several drivers. only the one I pointed in the link were successful. Then I tried to install commview (which requires to install their own drivers http://www.tamos.com/products/commwifi/adapterlist.php ) and it was giving me the same error. I tried several versions and I finally got it to work.

I really don't known why I'm having that error trying to install moded drivers. It really doesn't make much sense.

Edited by __-_-_-__

The only OS I never tested was XP x64, but it should work as it's not really any different than 32bit XP (only file name difference)