LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Getting fx3700m to appear as a 8800m

jimbob1971

Hi,

I'm about to buy an NVidia 3d bundle (glasses and LCD). However ,my Dell M6400 fails the hardware test as it has Quadro FX3700M. However, I believe these are very similar to the GeForce 8800m. I've been told I can isntall 8800 drivers, but can anyone tell me whether it is simply a case of downloading 8800m drivers from laptop2go? I already use a set for the 3700m downloaded from here, but am not sure how to essentially turn my card into a 8800m.

Many thanks,

James

Use have disk method and choose 8800M as your card.

Use have disk method and choose 8800M as your card.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, I extract a version of the Vista 64 drivers (possibly already on my machine) go to Device manager, choose the display drivers, and tell Vista where to find them, choosing 8800m when prompted?

EDIT: Found a link here

Thanks again.

Edited by jimbob1971

Incidentally, the Vista 64 drivers are quite old now (185.89). Can Windows 7 drivers be used in their place, or is that a bad idea?

Thanks

Edited by jimbob1971

In this respect Vista=Win7. They use same GFX drivers.

In this respect Vista=Win7. They use same GFX drivers.

Thanks Zipper. I had some success using the latest drivers. My problem now is locating the Vista 64 USB driver for the IR emitter.

Update: Got things working using 185.85 drivers. Only problem is laser cursor on Vista 64 causes a huge framerate reduction. I think this is only present on Vista 64 systems.

Edited by jimbob1971