LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sigmatel 92xx chip + Creative MB s/f + Vista64 = Fail

TimeWriter

As the title says, I have a Sigmatel 92xx sound card and run Windows Vista 64-bit (X64). Notebook Dell XPS M1730.

I have a licence for Creative X-Fi MB, as well as for Audigy Advanced MB. Wasted money.

The Creative's software works great under Vista 32-bit (X86), but when comming to X64 version it fails to detect my sound card saying that there is no compatible device (what the f...?).

I really need this software for EAX, CMSS-3D, Crystalizer and so on...

I'am using the latest version of Sigmatel drivers available on Dell's website (wich I installed them before Creative's software). Also tried an older version of the driver and I got the same problem.

I've tried even DanielK's modded X-Fi MB drivers, but once again - without any luck.

Now I'm really upset...

Did anyone get these drivers working in Vista64? If yes, then how? If not, then what can we do to make them work?

Edited by TimeWriter

Over 60 views in one day and no feedback. Too bad that this software works great with notebooks that have Realtek codecs, once again Sigmatel is a very bad codec.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, im a long time m1730 owner and forum lurker.

I also was a fan of this audio software, but when i switched to Vista 64 i was unable to use it anymore. I couldnt find any method to make it work, though i found a number of threads about it. All methods resulted in the "No supported device found..." type message.

I couldnt even get it to work on Windows XP, same message. It only ever worked on Vista 32. I run a triple boot of Vista 64/XP/Fedora 10 and was hoping to have it work on XP but no dice.