LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Qosmio x305 hdmi problem after driver update

Guest Adam

Hei all, ok straight to the deal. I bought my qosmio x305-q701 a month ago and i decided to upgrade the video driver. It has a 9700M GTS in it and I download drivers from nvidia (186.03).

Then things went wrong, when i plug in the hdmi to my sony 40 inch full hd tv, the laptop screen just goes black and wont respond. When i do a forced shutdown and revert back to the stock toshiba driver (176.89) the hdmi works again.

I have no idea what to do and toshiba support are not very helpful. With older stock drivers I get hdmi but don't get all the goodies like physx and increased performance. On the other hand if I upgrade to the latest drivers my hdmi wont work but i get better performance. I have tried multiple drivers from laptopvideo2go with no avail.

I plead to the very generous people here to share your opinions with me. I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Guest sdicks

So i have a quick question. I too have the x305 with a 9700M GTS and when i checked the Nvidia driver update page for compatibility it has the x305 listed as non compatible. I never downloaded the driver because i didnt want to ruin my new laptop. Is the hdmi the only problem you had with the new driver update?

I am currently using 190.56 drivers from this site for my qosmio x305 and I can tell you that there is no problems with it except the hdmi. You get heaps better performance. I've tried the latest drivers from the nvidia website and there is no problems with that except the hdmi as well so not a big deal if you don't use hdmi much but I have a Sony 40 inch LCD and It annoys me to see that Toshiba just overlooks this. Hope to see some new update which fixes this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have the same headaches with my X305-Q701.

I would not mind these HDMI issues if I had not bought an internal blu-ray drive to use with my Bravia prjector either, but it is indeed such a shame that Toshiba simply have left us alone with this awful situation.

The original 176 Toshiba drivers are not only worse to play games. They are not CUDA compliant yet, and therefore do not apply for CUDA Hardware Acceleration under H264 playback through CoreAVC Codec.

There has been so many drivers being released but none of them seem to fix the hdmi problem for toshiba qosmio x305. When you try to switch to hdtv the laptop screen goes black and unresponsive. Any idea why this might be happening and a possible fix? I think i might go insane LOL! :). Toshiba support is not helpful at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...