LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8800M GTX SLI

Guest ChiefULE

Guest ChiefULE

Hi theres everyone

I was just wondering roughly what speeds you all were Overclocking the 8800M GTX SLi graphics cards too??

I currently have set mine to 650mhz core 985Mhz MEM and 1550 Shader clock speeds.

Was just wondering what other speeds people were using?

Thanks.

Guest Guest

ive gone 675 995 1680 before but usually i just go 650 950 i cant remember shaders.

is your oc stable? so far my ocs for benchmarking has been good but never any help for games. they give lower fps instead

Guest ChiefULE

Oh i see

Yeh i used to use those same clocks as well but 600 core and 950 mem and 1500 for the shader.

Yes they seem to be stable and i see quite a bit of improvement in games benchmarks.

Its odd thought cause it seems with this particular card there is like no limit we can just set any high number and it works .... seems weird lol.

Although i won't be setting it to anything crazy high.

Guest ChiefULE

ive gone 675 995 1680 before but usually i just go 650 950 i cant remember shaders.

is your oc stable? so far my ocs for benchmarking has been good but never any help for games. they give lower fps instead

Hi theres,

Was just wondering how long you have had your DELL XPS M1730 notebook and how long has it been running problem free while being OC???

Thanks.

Guest noobie woobie

ive had it for about a year and 3 months now. i dont oc very often, only once in a while for fun to benchmark with new drivers. as i said above oc with gaming really doesnt give me any increase in performance and gives me lower fpses most of the time so i cant say ive been overclocking alot.

each oc for benchmarking usually only lasts about 10 mins max.

there arent limits to ocing lol its just whether your card will fry or youll get artifacts or unstable performance.

Guest noobie woobie

no idea lol ive been trying to do that since i got it. i have a t7700 at 2.4 and ive tried everything from setfsb to clockgen but i cant find the pll code for our motherboards and dell refuses to tell me. when the technician came over to replace some parts on my system i even took a look at the motherboard and i still cant find the code =(

apparently no oc software works for our system T.T

Guest ChiefULE

HI theres agains.

Ah i see you had the same trouble.

I too thought i had solved the problem of CPU overclocking when i found the FSB.exe that were made by another person from setFSB claiming that they got it to work on our motherboards. However each time i double clicked a clock speed after installing the setFSB program i saw no change at all. SO i guess it doesn't work.

Looks like the only way is to upgrade our CPUs to the 7900 or X9000 2.8Ghz CPU then the Dell BIOS will become unlocked with new CPU overclocking options for us to easily overclock up to 3.4Ghz. I have been looking around on ebay but the CPUs seem quite expensive and then theres shipping costs too.

I guess might just have to wait a long whiles to see if the prices will drop or by some miracle there will be a way soon that we are able to overclock our CPUs as we are so easily able to OC our nvidia GPUs through the control panel performance tab.

Cheers.