LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 7 freeze

mertkan

yesterday i make a clean install of windows 7 rtm 7600.it installed with no problem.it installed all the drivers but not the graphics cards.it didn't recognize it.my 8600M Gs show like this "Vga Graphic Adapter" so i installed 185.85 dox.i restart my pc.it was all normal until my pc frezees.in 5 minutes my pc freeze's.so i tried other drivers but no solution.i tried like 15 drivers.all of them were clean installs.when i rollback my driver and return to vga graphic adapter there is no problem.it doesn't freeze.is there any drivers that can work with windows 7 smooth?

graphic card:8600M GS

Edited by mertkan

Sorry - my system is a Dell Vostro 1700 with an 8600M GT.

i can install the drivers but all the drivers make my pc freeze

• 5 weeks later...
Guest triplehelix

having the same problem with hp 8600m gs.

Trying the 180.48 drivers now, Wish me luck :)

no dice, artifacts and bsod just as before. going to look into different solutions. Please post here if you find a better driver or solution. Thanks and good luck.

Guest triplehelix

triplehelix again, I think I've successfully fixed the problem. First I installed the k-lite codec pack, as I read such a crash is often associated with the h.264 microsoft codec. and ensured that I was using a different codec. (got the idea from: http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/9297-windows-7-rc-nvlddmkm-sys-bsod-3.html#post112820 )

also I made a small policy change... roughly followed instructions from this link: http://technet.schippers-online.nl/2009/04/07/bsod-nvlddmkmsys-on-windows-7-vista/ (didn't reinstall 7 or drivers)

working so far, good luck to everyone with similar problems.