LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I AM NOT DIRECT LINKING

Guest kyle

I AM NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR DRIVER ON MY 128K VSAT LINK BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT LET ME WGET -C IT.

I AM GETTING ERROR: FORBIDDEN MESSAGES BECAUSE YOU THINK MY IP IS DIRECTLY LINKING TO YOU.

Please make your direct-linking checks a bit less anal. Thanks.

read the mainpage next time

admin is updating

Indeed I was updating. This post might have been made before that time though.

With the drivers being on a second server that shouldn't interrupt a download. It would be hard to avoid direct-linking issues with a resume unless we logged IPs, did checks then resumed instead of the current htaccess method. I agree resume would be beneficial if we can come up with a good solution to allow it. It might even give us the lower bandwidth stats we are looking to have.

Indeed I was updating. This post might have been made before that time though.

With the drivers being on a second server that shouldn't interrupt a download. It would be hard to avoid direct-linking issues with a resume unless we logged IPs, did checks then resumed instead of the current htaccess method. I agree resume would be beneficial if we can come up with a good solution to allow it. It might even give us the lower bandwidth stats we are looking to have.

Yeah, well, I can't download anything without wget -c, because if I download something larger than a few megs my VSAT will end it/mark it finished even though it's not. Either that, or the download will timeout multiple times.

I'm stuck in Uganda with a barely working Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q706 and can't experiment with drivers because I'm blocked from downloading them due to the direct linking auto-block.

Could you add --- to an exclusion list/auto allow list for me?

Sure. I've included the one you had listed but based on the IP from your posts it varies from what you wanted.

Hmmm, we have the direct linking block for a good reason.

You are able to download the drivers at no cost to you.

All we ask is you get them via the forum or driver page.

We do go to some effort to find them, upload them and host them.

The hosting of the drivers and the resources they consume (3 completely separate servers run the website) are not cheap.

If everybody just leeched the drivers with out coming but here we could not afford to host the drivers and then you would have no place to update your machine in Uganda.

This would of course fix your issue of direct linking block, as we wouldn't be here and you would have no need to get drivers as there would be none to get.

We feel your pain, Uganda I take it does not have the most reliable or choice of Broadband ?