LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Server 2008 R2 (x64) compatibility

huschi

Hi together.

Sorry, I know its the wrong place but I didnt found the wright one to post my problem. Maybe an admin could slide this post to the wright stock. Would be great. Sorry again for this problem.

The reason I signed up here and post (on the wrong place ...) is following:

I own a Sony Laptop - VGN-AR51J - with an 8400M GT Nvidia; 256MB; and try to solve ma driver Problem.

OS = Server 2008 R2 (64). In my opinion the Vista 64 Drivers should be compatible cause Server 2008 R2 is based on W7 and here the Vista Drivers should work. MS mentioned it. I tried to install the 190.56 7/Vista 64bit - 2009-07-29. No success. There is no compatible Hardware...

In this case I'm a real Newbie and hope for your advisement.What I#m doing wrong? Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance, good times and peace on Earth

Huschi

Edited by huschi

I'm surprised a Win7 wouldn't install.

I suggest you look at this line and similar values in the INF and make sure it's 6.1 (I think 6.1=Server 2008):

[Manufacturer]
%NVIDIA% = NVIDIA_Devices,NTamd64.5.1,NT.6.0

Probably because it's a Sony.

If you read the release notes they say:

"The following notebooks are not supported ... Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imITATIon

I own a Sony Laptop - VGN-AR51J - with an 8400M GT Nvidia; 256MB; and try to solve ma driver Problem.

...I tried to install the 190.56 7/Vista 64bit - 2009-07-29. No success. There is no compatible Hardware...

go to laptopvideo2go where you downloaded your 190.56 driver pack... and they will offer a modded .INF file to go with it.

download that.

ok now extract the drivers that you downloaded and copy the modded .INF file in the same folder, (installing it via the Setup.exe wont help... I too have a VAIO and they absolutly refuse to install any other drivers than their own) so...

rightclick your "My Computer / Manage / Device Manager / Display addpters"... and double click or rightclick/properties whatever driver is listed there... go to the driver tab and select update driver... (almost done)

... go to browse / let me pick... / and hit the button have disk: now look for your modded .INF, your driver should be there ready to install, it will give you some warnings... "if you're sure its the right driver install it but be cautious modded drivers can cause overheat, however it is unlikely!"

I have a VGN-FZ38M with 8400M GT 512mb... same problem same answer i hope...