LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[HELP] Choosing a laptop

chavanak

Hi,

I am currently having a HP dv6602au laptop with 7150M chip, though this is a terrible card I am still able to play mid-range graphic games without any problem at decent resolution and shadows turned off. I have decided to upgrade my laptop or rather purchase a new one. I use my laptop a lot for gaming so can anyone suggest a good laptop for gaming within price range of $2000??

I don't mind Nvidia or ATI but I want good gaming performance. I also searched HP website and they offer only 130M which is a cheap card (from reviews).

Cheers

I don't mind Nvidia or ATI but I want good gaming performance. I also searched HP website and they offer only 130M which is a cheap card (from reviews).

130M benchmarks 10-15x more than 7150M. It's decent for everything but the hottest new games. I'd say medium grade.

130M benchmarks 10-15x more than 7150M. It's decent for everything but the hottest new games. I'd say medium grade.

True but I don't want to go with 130M, I just put it in for comparison. I want a card that can handle things efficiently but below the $2000 price range.

True but I don't want to go with 130M, I just put it in for comparison. I want a card that can handle things efficiently but below the $2000 price range.

Something like 9800M and its descendants, even 260/280M might be possible - I can find 280M here beginning from 1700€.

Something like 9800M and its descendants, even 260/280M might be possible - I can find 280M here beginning from 1700€.

I am from Germany, which is the laptop that has 280M for 1700 euros??

Zepto in Finnland. No OS in that price. What about One.de, they have similar laptops there (clones to Nexoc/Sager/Voodoo/Clevo/whatever, they are using the same OEM chassis) beginning from 1599€ without OS. And SLI from about 2000€.

You might like this laptop (https://secure.pctorque.com/system-configuration.aspx?SystemsID=49) starts out at Credit Price   $1,792.00Cash Price **   $1,738.24with nVidia GeForce GTX 280M Video/Graphics Cardw/1GB

Edited by mrx