LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My screen goes blank for a split second after reboot.

Guest michael valentine

Guest michael valentine

I need help! I have a Toshiba Satilite 1955-803 with Geforce 4 440 go Nvidia Graphic 64 mb and I downloaded the 53.03 StarStorm speed ver 11.68 plus I downloaded the updated version of Nvidia ForceWare 53.03 and copied per instruction the INF file to the extracted file of Nvidia 53.03.

Please note, I have formatted my hard drive, so I do not have a video driver of Nvida, yet.

I updated the INF File by going to System then device manager then Video adapter.

The installation when well except when I reboot the screen goes blank for a split second the goes back to desktop.

I tried many different ways; such as removing the Nvidia Software using Add & Remove then installing the INF file by going to system thenm device manager and nothing worked!

Can you help?

Can I install the modified INF ver 44.68 into a 53.03 Nvidia Forceware update?

michael

Michael,

The flashing at boot up is quite normal, I havn't been able to fix this.

Just ignore it, it's only the GPU checking the TV/Monitor out ports.

DONT use different INFs with drivers, I mod each INF seperately for a reason as each drivers is slightly differrent.

Especially don't use 4x.xx INFs with 5x.xx drivers as they are completely different.

If the only problem is the screen flash (as long as it only does it once at startup) then you have nothing to worry about.

Enjoy,

Pieter.