LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver and laptop

Guest Andrejus

Guest Andrejus

Hello.

I have problems with my laptop and nvidia drivers.

I have Asus G51 and i cannot install any drivers. When i am trying do that i get message:

The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

I tried all drivers.

Btw, i have Vista 64bit and sorry for my bad english.

Thanks!

Did you try installing with mod inf. The mod inf is downloaded as a separate thing then u put it in the driver folder and install.

go here ()

download the driver and mod inf. Have fun.

Edited by mrx

I may as well point out right here and now what should be obvious, but clearly isn't: it's one thing to make it possible to install a driver on a device for which it was not intended, and another thing to make it work properly.

Yes, I am aware of the Unified Driver Architecture concept, but if you compare the contents of an expanded laptop driver file to that of a desktop, you'll see that in some areas they are very different in structure.

Why is this significant? Because EVERY driver I've tried using a modded INF had a problem whereby my system would occasionally stop responding after resuming from STANDBY. This problem stopped occurring after I installed the Nvidia driver specifically intended for my 8400M G (185.85). Not being a gamer, I have performance-related constraints in choosing my driver.

Of course, I wouldn't assume that every user would encounter a problem using the modded INFs, but it's something to keep in mind.

Guest Andrejus

Did you try installing with mod inf. The mod inf is downloaded as a separate thing then u put it in the driver folder and install.

go here ()

download the driver and mod inf. Have fun.

I cannot download .inf file. :/ Where i can find .inf file?