LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need working drivers/inf for FX 5200 on Win 7

Guest babajewey

Guest babajewey

In XP, everything works.

In Win7, major suckage.

I tried the official ForceWare 96.85 drivers but they're useless (won't let me set display to native resolution, etc).

Ideally I'd also like to be able to run aero glass, but I'm not greedy.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

SPECS:

DELL DIMENSION 4600 (Desktop)

CPU: P4 2.4GHz

RAM: 1.25 GB

GPU: GeForce FX 5200 128MB

LCD: Acer AL2216W via DVI

<<< Dual booting XP SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate Final RTM >>>.

Guest theone

i have the same sucking problem with fx 5200 i am able to run aero but on high resolution 1024x768 it works very choppy and on lower resolution it works fine i have the 96.85 drivers of vista and in vista aero worked fine. :)

Guest Funnyman

Hey!

I tried nearly every driver that is newer than the official beta vista driver! Sometimes I cant install, but mostely after a restart my device manager says: You Card isnt Working the device is deactivated.....Am I doing something wrong?????????????? I thought and thats what laptopvideo2go is for that every nvidia card should work with the latest drivers....Im very pissed off sry... CAN ANYONE GIVE A SOLUTION FOR THIS????? CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A DIRECTLINK FOR DRIVER+INF or An ALREADY MODDED DRIVER like OMEGA or SO??????#

Thanks for this!

I thought and thats what laptopvideo2go is for that every nvidia card should work with the latest drivers

As the official support from NVidia for your card has been dropped long time ago the chances it would work with the latest drivers are minimal.

Guest Funnyman

Try this. Uninstall your current drivers first.

Will it work???

"REMOVED:

- Desktop gpu support

- PhysX software -see readme for more info

- Helps files

- Language files

- Any useless files to reduce size

- Unnecessary reg entries made by Nvidia

- Quadro files from installation

"

Guest Funnyman

Hi!

I thought this project is for all Nvidia graphics card. When you look closer to the modded INF Files postet here in forum/website you will see that also Desktop GPUS like my 5700 will be shown there. But for me it didnt work and I cant understand the reason for adding this device in the INF for the new Drivers when its not :) working

Sry my english is extremly horrible :)