LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo Xi 1546 and Windows 7

Spowa

Hi everybody!

I have planned to install 64-bit Windows 7 to my laptop. One problem is videocard drivers because 64-bit Windows 7 catalyst drivers does not support mobility X1800. Can I use 64-bit vista drivers? It is possible to change videocard to HD 3650 because HD 3600 series do not have this problem.

Any better MXM cards compatible with Xi1546 than HD 3650? HD 4000-series or 3850/3870?

Vista x64 drivers should work fine although you may need to manually install them. Otherwise, I'm sure there are plenty of modded ones around, or you could mod them yourself with mobility modder.

Guest darkman74

Vista x64 drivers should work fine although you may need to manually install them. Otherwise, I'm sure there are plenty of modded ones around, or you could mod them yourself with mobility modder.

vista drivers 64bit work fine to me try them :) i have problem with the soundcard drives on windows 7 the sound works fine but the wheel volume button is not work anymore :) any ideas ????

vista drivers 64bit work fine to me try them :) i have problem with the soundcard drives on windows 7 the sound works fine but the wheel volume button is not work anymore :) any ideas ????

I had absolutley no problems running the 32bit version of win7. For all the difference you'll see on this system between 32 & 64 your better off staying with the 32 bit

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news to Amilo Xi owners. MXM-upgrade don't sell HD 3650 cards for the Xi laptops any more. I don't why but there may be too many problems in compatibility. Better buy an upgradeable Clevo.