LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer 5920g what video driver

Guest fairman

Guest fairman

I have the acer aspire 5920G with the GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB. I have tried several drivers some months ago from this site, and even if they seemed to work initially, soon the screen was black on booting and could not be fixed unless I rolled back to the older and my current driver (7.15.11.7590). This driver, that acer has put up on its site recently,is an updated version of the initial one, and already more than a year old. ACER usually let the user use drivers over 3 years old, as it almost NEVER updates its drivers!!!

So this is better than usual, but i still have several issues with my graphics and I wondered if anyone with the same laptop managed to use without problems any more current driver than this. I would be really grateful if u suggest me a newer driver, and eventhough there maybe some posts already for this laptop, I thought I should post a new one as the older posts seemed quite older and the drivers are being updated constanlty. Please help me out.

THX!