LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HDX18....Updates never stable issue

kayel_justice

I'm going nutz here. I have windows vista 64, and windows 7 64bit on my HP HDX18. I use Street Fighter 4's benchmark since it's my favorite game. I installed every single 18x series update there is from official drivers to dox's hack installs. I always get strange artifacts, like snow, noise, or tiny dots just being active on my screen. I've used driver sweeper and no dice. Same thing. However any driver version 7.15.11.7824, or in the 7's work. I get incredicle benchmarks with the 18x series, but the 7x series are below avg. This sucks and i'm dissapointed why does this happen

Specs

HP HDX18

4g of ram

1g dedicated 9600m gt

intel core 2 duo P8400 2.26/7 ghz

Edited by kayel_justice

Please try to disable the Powermizer - it is working for me. Have now Toshiba X205-S9810 with 8700m GT and none of the 18x drivers were working. Same symptoms. Now I have disabled the powermizer and voila! - everything is working very stable. Currently have 185.67 and Win7 64bit and working very good.

Hopefully it helps.

best regards

r

Please try to disable the Powermizer - it is working for me. Have now Toshiba X205-S9810 with 8700m GT and none of the 18x drivers were working. Same symptoms. Now I have disabled the powermizer and voila! - everything is working very stable. Currently have 185.67 and Win7 64bit and working very good.

Hopefully it helps.

best regards

r

OK, thanks for your reply!!!!!!!! I'm Currently using 186.39

I'm not familiar with that. Does nvidia have a powermizer panel or should I do it this way in the link below?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929

Edit: I mean is the way listed here familiar to you, is this the way that you did it?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=273276

Edited by kayel_justice