LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Forceware 186.42 Released

mobilenvidia

Thanks goes to justinkw1 for spotting these over at MSUpdate.

a heap of GPU's supported with the included INFs

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 186.42
  • Operating System: Windows 7/Vista 64bit
  • Driver Date: 2009-07-23 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 85.9MB (MD5: 30a7e9fd604683e529a30685abc333a7)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: True
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: 28

Windows 7 / Vista x32

Windows 7 / Vista x64

Hi,

Doesn't match for my [DEV_0649] NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with Windows 7 64-bits. :)

Edited by Merzhin

Hi,

Doesn't match for my [DEV_0649] NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with Windows 7 64-bits. :)

Looks like it is listed about 4/5 the way down, closer to end.

Hmm, so since these drivers support Windows 7 and Vista, are they WDDM 1.0 rather than 1.1? Is there a way to tell is they 1.0 or 1.1?

Thanks

pete S

Can someone report on the Powermizer flickering issue on Win7 and Aero /DWM? I just installed 190.58 and was wondering if this possibly fixes that...

@d_s

I didn't have the flickering in win7 with these, though it seems hit or miss with drivers in general (mainly miss)

Assuming you don't want to just turn powermizer off, (this is what i tend to do, and can be done via rivatuner or by using the powermizer switch tool) have you tried just slightly upping the 2D clocks - you won't get powersaving to the same extent but you'll still get some of the benefits i guess.

Other drivers i didn't experience flickering with were the XG 190.62m found here

and also Fenuxx's 190.38 found here (fenuxx is back! expect big things)

Generally i've found the 190.xx to run hot anyway and there have been a bunch of game specific bugs reported (mainly fallout 3 which is already buggy as hell) so i'm tempted to drop back down to these 186.42 but i've changed my drivers about 5 times in the past week, and i'm growing tired of the hassle XD