LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Reccomended 7150m driver?

MMetzger19

Hi all, I am new to the forums as of five minutes ago. okay, here's the sitch. i've been following around laptopvideo2go for a while, using the drivers and life was grand. I recently found out that although a new driver may be good for certain things, it can also cause problems during video playback. If anyone could please help me find a good driver suitable for playing games such as CSS and Crossfire with a higher FPS than 23-35, i would be grateful. I am currently using Dox's modified driver squeezed for performance, and i edited my registry to turn off powermizer, all settings are as good as they can be, even hdd performance. thank you in advance,

Michael

P.S I am aware that this is a low-end graphics chip =P, but anything would be helpful.

Edited by MMetzger19

Besides overclocking there's not much you can do about it :)

=( that stinks. i know the chip isn't very stable for overclocking, any suggestions? i had it overclocked by 100mhz i think, worked well for a looooong time, but then i dropped it back down and it died xD. thanks.

Am I missing something, isn't it dead? :)

Sorry for being a bit confusing, lol. The chipset itself is fine. I had HP replace it for free. punks know this laptop sucks,burnt me twice. anyway, it's functional, but i'm hurting in a bad way over what i can do to achieve medium range frame rates. =( any assistance plox?

You're lucky they replaced it. I had the same thing with a desktop card the other week that had been overclocked for ages and returning it to stock killed it.

Other than using the last version of Dox's driver that had a "performace" option and overclocking it, there isn't much you can do unfortunately.

Terms "Gaming" and "7150M" don't match - perhaps somewhat with 5 years old games that's it :)

well, without dox's driver and using P.Strip and Nvidia control panel, i've overclocked the graphics to 500 and the HT Bus to 215. games run a bit smoother. also, would i benefit enough from upgrading to 800mhz ram from 667? i have pc2 5300 667Mhz ram, 4 gigs. if i upgrade to 4 gigs of PC2-6400 800MHz ram would i really benefit? i know the differences but am unsure of performance gains. thanks :)

Edited by MMetzger19

I don't think it's worth the money. Performance gain would be very little.

thanks. =( guess this laptop wasn't worth it. knew i should've gone with the Asus for $100 more >=(.

Alright, final couple questions. since i am using Dox's modified 185.85 driver, it is allowing me to oc, but not stable. i'll get about fifteen minutes in game then poof. any good drivers for oc'ing? i -know- i have done it before, but Dox's drivers are supposed to be awesome. I've read up that someone with the same chipset as myself oc'd their 7150m to 560mhz from the stock 425mhz using powerstrip, which is what i've been using. also, they claim to beef it up to 242 in Nvid control panel, mine is set at 215. any suggestions/tips/drivers would be appreciated :)

The last version of Dox's that included a dedicated performance only option was 182.05. You might want to try that.

i'll get about fifteen minutes in game then poof.

Maybe it's overheating?

that was my guess as well. i used crystalcpuid and changed threshold levels to higher, and am using Speedfan to monitor temps. with game running but not being played temps are as follows 67C GPU, 51C HDD, Core 1 54C, Core 2 55C. do i have room to expand :)

thank you all for the assistance, it has been much appreciated thus far in turning this heap o'crud into a decent machine. thank you :) will keep updates going as i can.

welll everyone, it has finally worked. using dox's 180.28 driver with the Overclocking seems to work well. achieving 60FPS + in most games i play. thanks for the support and help :)

system specs so far

AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-60 2.0GHz @ 2.3GHz

Nvidia 7150m/630i 425mhz@575mhz STABLE!

reasonable temps ranging from 41c-55c

going to try to push this further, then probably going to replace the current processor with a Turion TL-62 or 64 since they're all S1 Sockets.

upgrading from 200GB 5400RPM HD to 320GB 7200RPM

upgrading Ram from 3.0G PC2-5300 667mhz to 4GHz PC2-6400 800MHz

hope this puppy works better!

• 1 month later...

Interesting.

Edited by Shaythong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

where can I download dox's 180.28? I tried googling it and got nothing. Looked on the drivers list and nothing.

where can I download dox's 180.28?

There's no such driver. You can find all Dox's releases here.