• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raziology

• Spax87

• Clemi

• opas50

Top Posters In This Topic

Well man, I do confirm it that our problem was from PowerMizer. I hope Nvidia learns about this, and gets it fixed anytime soon or else we might end up with a damaged GPU!

yes flickering is away. but i also used powermizer switch months ago. thats the same thing.

but i hope that i dont have to disable it with every driver and that nvidia brings drivers without that s***

Edited by Spax87

I have reported this Bug to Nvidia, hopefully that they will fix it in their next driver release.

I have had the flicker for the past month since when I upgraded to the newest software that allowed programs to access the GPU for processing. I have a x205 system with Vista x32 and it was very annoying. Good news, the new driver came out end of last month. Its a combo driver for Windows 7 and Vista 32. I saw 1 flicker when installing and only 1 since. Hopefully its fixed.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_186.81_whql.html

Edited by slick1ru2

nope, 186.81 still has this bug. :)

I got the x205-9359 with Win 7 RTM 64bit. Toshiba has the Win 7 driver for Nvidia now, but it's only for 32 bit.

When I tried the driver from NVidia, I am getting flickers.

Was everyone able to find all the device drivers for win 7, 64 bit?

nope, 186.81 still has this bug. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest luckysmake

I got the x205-9359 with Win 7 RTM 64bit. Toshiba has the Win 7 driver for Nvidia now, but it's only for 32 bit.

When I tried the driver from NVidia, I am getting flickers.

Was everyone able to find all the device drivers for win 7, 64 bit?

i found all of the drivers i think just look at the toshiba drivers website for them. also in the toshiba uk site if you do a search for x200 drivers they would be compatible. your biggest problem will still be with the display. i've had so many crashes now that i am going to switch to the win 7 32bit and hope that takes care of them. all the crashes have been display related.

Hello,

I do have x205-S9810 and now using Win7-64 and Vista-32.

For Vista I use 185.52 as it was the last that allowed to stream audio through hdmi.

For Win7 I use 190.56.

I have had flickering with all the drivers after 179.14.

I have found that disabling powermizer will get rid of the flickers. And it worked!

No more flickering and no more annoying problems. Games now run very fast.

So, please disable the powermizer (there is a tool to do so) and live on!

best regards

r

Guest luckysmake

windows 7 both 64bit and 32 bit x205-9810 8700m i had all the problems even crashes and flickering. i installed the latest drivers. (currently using 191.07). i installed the desktop version cause the mobile versions even the ones from toshiba didn't have powermizer option in the registry. i used this tutorial

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929 . everything seems to be fine. i also installed 6.05_nvidia_system_tools so that i can keep a close eye on my gpu and cpu usages and temps. bot 64 bit and 32 bit gave equal problems and disabling powermizer solved them (so far).

The problem with all drivers after 182.50 is that they will not let audio through HDMI... You will not hear any audio on LCD...

182.50 works fine with audio output.

All the drivers may have or not the registry values for powermizer.

If the driver will not have the registry entries, just add them and it will work fine.

best regards

r

I have 1 device that I can't find.

Under Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices

I am getting an Unknown device.

When you go Properties/Details it shows "ACPI\CPL0001"

My computer crashing every day also. It's to do with the graphic drivers.

i found all of the drivers i think just look at the toshiba drivers website for them. also in the toshiba uk site if you do a search for x200 drivers they would be compatible. your biggest problem will still be with the display. i've had so many crashes now that i am going to switch to the win 7 32bit and hope that takes care of them. all the crashes have been display related.

Guest gigadigit

Are you getting any crashes?

windows 7 both 64bit and 32 bit x205-9810 8700m i had all the problems even crashes and flickering. i installed the latest drivers. (currently using 191.07). i installed the desktop version cause the mobile versions even the ones from toshiba didn't have powermizer option in the registry. i used this tutorial

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929 . everything seems to be fine. i also installed 6.05_nvidia_system_tools so that i can keep a close eye on my gpu and cpu usages and temps. bot 64 bit and 32 bit gave equal problems and disabling powermizer solved them (so far).

• 2 weeks later...

I have 1 device that I can't find.

Under Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices

I am getting an Unknown device.

When you go Properties/Details it shows "ACPI\CPL0001"

My computer crashing every day also. It's to do with the graphic drivers.

This unknown device is Infrared receiver. You must download drivers from toshiba website (it called IR drivers) and install them.

I have an X200-20S (UK model) and am getting the same flickering with both 32-bit and 64-bit full releases of Windows 7 Professional (currently using the 32 bit and the NVidia 186.81 driver). It is really annoying as I still have the Win7 Release Candidate installed on another partition with the WDDM 1.1 pre-release driver and there are no problems.

Surely NVidia can fix this???

Guest gigadigit

Has anybody tried the new NVidia's laptop driver?

This beat was just released like 4 days ago.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_x64_195.39_beta.html

I have an X200-20S (UK model) and am getting the same flickering with both 32-bit and 64-bit full releases of Windows 7 Professional (currently using the 32 bit and the NVidia 186.81 driver). It is really annoying as I still have the Win7 Release Candidate installed on another partition with the WDDM 1.1 pre-release driver and there are no problems.

Surely NVidia can fix this???

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem with 195.55 drivers...

No reply from Nvidia ? (see several topics above)

I do confirm that the new drivers did not fix the problem. I have sent Nvidia a message about this issue with new drivers, but they haven't replied back with anything at all. Please people we need as many people as possible to send NVIDIA a message telling them about the problem with new drivers and windows 7 X64 !

• 1 month later...
Guest luckysmake

ok it's been a while since i posted so i will answer alot at once. these instructions are for Windows 7/Vista both 64/32 bit.

1) i have nvidia 195.81 drivers. yes they flicker.

Fix. a.first download and install the desktop drivers. do NOT download the mobile drivers because they will not have the powermizer settings that you need in your registry.

b. you must have the .inf file from laptopvideo2go to install these drivers because it won't allow you to do so otherwise.

c. use the tutorial from here to disable powermizer.

There should be no more flickering

2) No sound via HDMI with latest drivers.

a. go to control panel/sound

b. Right Click on Realtek HDMI output and select "Set as Default Device"

You will have audio. However, when you need to switch to your normal speakers again you will need to repeat the process and select "Speakers" as default device.

There maybe a way to do this automatically or easier but i do not know it.

3. Mass Storage = TI Card Reader = driver_cardreader_ti_25844A.exe

4. Unknown Hidden Device

a. for mine it is acpi\tos1900. for what i can tell this is solved with the Toshiba Value Added Package. This is not made for 64bit windows 7/vista. 32bit only. so i'm guess i'm stuck for now.

b. this link can help you identify other Unknown Devices

<span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">

Ich wollte nicht zu deaktivieren PowerMizer auch. Also ging ich zurück auf die Version 179,48. Es läuft Just Fine (win7 32bits). [/ quote]</span>
I didn't want to disable powermizer too. So I went back to version 179.48. It's running just fine (win7 32bits).
</span>

try it sometimes with Dox 182.46 functions excellently with powermizer and it is more topical