LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need a "ACER 9600M GT GDDR3 512MB" vbios

f3bandit

Ok here's the situation. I got feed up with the failure rate of the nvidia 8000M series mobile cards, and nvidia's inability to admit fault.

so I took matter into my own hands. I did my research and found I can upgrade to a 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 card with my current system.

the draw back here is the only place I ahve found and vbios roms is on the techpowerup site. I have checked and verified they

are not acer 9600M GT vbios roms. I have also flashed them to the card and the same problem persists. Now I remember the same

problem with my 8600M GT cards when I got them. the error message with a 30 second timer before system post, stating "Invalid

MXM structure or not found". I have a Acer Aspire 5520-5716. stock card was a "8400M 128MB MXM II Card" <- Very ###### card!

Needles to say the system posts and loads windows. the card is running only in boot clock speeds. PLEASE!!! Any one that has an

Acer laptop running a 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 card please help us all out and do a rom dump of the vbios. if you need help I can walk

anyone threw dumping a copy of the vbios of the card.

I attached my spec's if anyone is intrested!?! :)

Report.txt

• 4 months later...
Guest nookieb0y

Ok here's the situation. I got feed up with the failure rate of the nvidia 8000M series mobile cards, and nvidia's inability to admit fault.

so I took matter into my own hands. I did my research and found I can upgrade to a 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 card with my current system.

the draw back here is the only place I ahve found and vbios roms is on the techpowerup site. I have checked and verified they

are not acer 9600M GT vbios roms. I have also flashed them to the card and the same problem persists. Now I remember the same

problem with my 8600M GT cards when I got them. the error message with a 30 second timer before system post, stating "Invalid

MXM structure or not found". I have a Acer Aspire 5520-5716. stock card was a "8400M 128MB MXM II Card" <- Very ###### card!

Needles to say the system posts and loads windows. the card is running only in boot clock speeds. PLEASE!!! Any one that has an

Acer laptop running a 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 card please help us all out and do a rom dump of the vbios. if you need help I can walk

anyone threw dumping a copy of the vbios of the card.

I attached my spec's if anyone is intrested!?! :)

You still need more? I just got a secondhand acer laptop with 9600gt.

• 2 weeks later...

You still need more? I just got a secondhand acer laptop with 9600gt.

Yeah I sure could. but depends on price. register on here and send me a PM to discuss the details. thx

Yeah I sure could. but depends on price. register on here and send me a PM to discuss the details. thx

I'm checked my BIOS and am using version 62.94.2F.00.05, over at Techpowerup they have 62.94.3C.00.04 ***BUT*** apart from the header up to the first segment of the file, they do seem to be totally different, maybe they introduced encryption in the newer BIOS versions? (I just checked a BIOS version that was older than mine over at TechPowerup, but that too had the appearance of being encrypted or packed somehow in a different way. Is the techpowerup tool the way these are to be dumped?

• 1 month later...

Most likely the difference in the end numbers are changes made to brand of memory or fixes added, or to designate the oem it's for, etc.

as for encryption I have no idea. are you referring to the difference in the file extensions of the bios files? if so nibitor open both *.bin and *.rom

you just have to save the bios files as to your needs. PM me and I'll give you my email if you have any questions. sorry about the delay. :)

I'm checked my BIOS and am using version 62.94.2F.00.05, over at Techpowerup they have 62.94.3C.00.04 ***BUT*** apart from the header up to the first segment of the file, they do seem to be totally different, maybe they introduced encryption in the newer BIOS versions? (I just checked a BIOS version that was older than mine over at TechPowerup, but that too had the appearance of being encrypted or packed somehow in a different way. Is the techpowerup tool the way these are to be dumped?

Guest Murat

hi i am an acer 5520g laptop and you know its have 8400m card. i change it with asus 1 gb 9650m gs-gt card. but i living problem how can i change asus rom to acer

• 10 months later...

hi i am an acer 5520g laptop and you know its have 8400m card. i change it with asus 1 gb 9650m gs-gt card. but i living problem how can i change asus rom to acer

Seriously guys you CANNOT (FORGET IT maybe)

I have the big Cousin of 5520 the 7520G

It's EXACTLY the same with main difference 7520 vs 5520 the CPU (TL-60 vs TL-62 some cases), (17inch vs 15inch TFT), (8400m GS 256MB vs 8400m G or GS 12bMB)

I have bought an ATI 2600XT and NVIDIA 9600m GT

NONE of them worked

ATI would diplay Post Correctly and Boot Correctly but Inside windows all colors were washed out and I could see horizontal lines

NVIDIA would Boot and when ready to break In Windows It would eventually blank the hell up

I tweaked their bios and modded mine or even performed Clock changes (bios/on the fly via software in windows)(you name It)

at most time due to different thermal signature (bigger card/different GPU lots of Heat) of the new package the Damn thing would eventually shut down or would not display anything

after 2 weeks of tweaking, testing, flashing, Interchanging MXM cards

I Placed the old one, performed reflash with stock card with stock ACER Bios and now I'm back with old 8400

the only thing I was fortunate, was the CPU I managed to upgrade to tl-62 and that's all

BUT to say the truth there is ONE thing I haven't tried just yet

Flashing this Bios ---> http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-TravelMate-7520G.9298.0.html

to my Aspire I don't know If there Is any difference but It kinda seems to me that there B*tches are the SAME except from the Series LOGO Aspire vs Travelmate

• 4 months later...