LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 93.71 with NVIDIA Geforce4 420 Go 32MB

NCYS

I just installed Forceware 93.71 on my NVIDIA Geforce4 420 Go 32MB which had Forceware 77.77 before I installed Forceware 93.71.....I tried to install Forceware 84.25 but failed cause when I installed it windows will show a blue screen and reboot so I updated to 93.71 instead but after I installed 93.71 I noticed a significant performance drop I used to play CS:S with 50++ Fps and played Warcraft 3 smoothly but after the installation my CS:S only has 10-20fps and my Warcraft 3 runs sluggish anyone have the same problem or is there a way to resolve this performance hit???

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed Forceware 93.71 on my NVIDIA Geforce4 420 Go 32MB which had Forceware 77.77 before I installed Forceware 93.71.....I tried to install Forceware 84.25 but failed cause when I installed it windows will show a blue screen and reboot so I updated to 93.71 instead but after I installed 93.71 I noticed a significant performance drop I used to play CS:S with 50++ Fps and played Warcraft 3 smoothly but after the installation my CS:S only has 10-20fps and my Warcraft 3 runs sluggish anyone have the same problem or is there a way to resolve this performance hit???

Guest bitbutcher

i've also serious issues with this driver (93.71). My problems began with the monitor. It is turned out that my monitor's native res. is 1600x1050 which seems to be a non standard one, the video card driver only supported 1600x1024 resolution but the result was not the best this way, so I decided to renew my video card driver to the "latest" one. I also read such mystical words as 1080p and so on, so I hoped that new driver maybe support my special resolution, I was wrong :). As u I also downloaded the 93.71 forceware but after restart win xp said that my vga driver is not supported by my Os and I could only use it in 800x600 4 colors :), I don't think that it was right 'cause i downloaded the right xp driver from 93.71, I also tried the US version but I'm sure it only differs in localization texts.

In this vga and display topic I'm surelly a geek. :P It is a bit funny that nvidia states that his drivers are universal down compatible and award winning, maybe the problem is in my machine. :unsure: So what is the great picture of these drivers, I've no idea.

Have good luck, I'll explain when I'll find the solution.